Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just got my 647 tiller delivered today hooked it up went out to try it and any hard ground it would stop spinning so started looking it over found the slipper clutch on the pto was not even set to go. so im looking for advice on how tight i should set each bolt and spring to? i went around it and did 1 1/2 turn on each went and tried it out and it never stopped spinning and would rip right threw the new cut. just so every one knows i could turn the bolts with fingers so they where not tightened at all. thanks for any info on if i set them right or not

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
ok i just got my 647 tiller delivered today hooked it up went out to try it and any hard ground it would stop spinning so started looking it over found the slipper clutch on the pto was not even set to go. so im looking for advice on how tight i should set each bolt and spring to? i went around it and did 1 1/2 turn on each went and tried it out and it never stopped spinning and would rip right threw the new cut. just so every one knows i could turn the bolts with fingers so they where not tightened at all. thanks for any info on if i set them right or not
Hey to say this ,,,read your manual, I could tell you how I set my slip clutch but it could be to tight or to loose as yours is at present times.
If you can't find info in manual call the dealer..
No it doesn't come setup ready to use or at least mine didn't. Everyone has different type soils and conditions.

Reactions: owdiss

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the info was not in the manual read it over and couldnt believe it was not in it at least for the set up for the first time use. and thank you for the thread about the adjustments i think im going to start over and make sure i dont have it to tight.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
the info was not in the manual read it over and couldnt believe it was not in it at least for the set up for the first time use.
I looked at the online operator manual for the 647 and no mention of it there either.

My King Kutter mentioned an adjustment method but I think it was on a insert shoved in the manual after print. (It's out in the garage, it's 17 degrees right now and I'm not going out there until it warms up on Wednesday)

Reactions: owdiss

·
Premium Member
15,038 Posts
Sorry for my first posting , dealer advised me on correct setup ,plus showed me where I could find the info in my manual.

Oh own a Bush Hog tiller. looks like your 647.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts