Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to get a PTO snowblower for my 1025R. I already have a HLA snow push on the front, and I figure with a blower on the back, I’ll be ready for anything old man winter can throw at me. I’ve gotten two quotes so far, one for a MK Martin Meteor SB48 ($3,120) and one for a Frontier SB1148 ($2,550), both out the door prices. I’ve heard good things about the Meteor, i just don’t have a dealer local in Western New York that I can find, so with shipping costs it makes the price difference significant.

I’ve only ever used walk behind blowers before, and I’ve noticed from pictures how the frontier blowers auger seems to have open space above it, does that help keep tall piles from falling over the blower? and are all PTO blowers like that? Amy suggestions or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciate!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Personally I think a blower on front is all I would need
54” blow it and forget it

·
Super Moderator
6,807 Posts
I have the SB1164 which is identical to the SB1148 except... 12" wider. It'll eat through snow like a beast It doesn't like 2" storms though. So I only end up using it in heavier storms and use the plow for small stuff.

The space above the auger isn't unusual. It just allows the blower to more evenly regulate itself. If you're feeding it as much as it can takes and suddenly run into a deeper drift the snow just builds up inside the unit until the unit can shove it out the chute. Without that you run the possibility of it going over the top or just building up in front of the blower. (If that happens badly enough it turns your blower into a big heavy snow pusher.)

Given the cost difference, I'd just gran the SB1148 and be done with it.

Reactions: SoldierMed68W

·
Registered
224 Posts
WoodMaxx has snow blowers at $2295 on their website and they're located right down the road from you in Akron. N.Y.

Have you checked them out ? I'm not sure if they have them in stock though.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Personally I think a blower on front is all I would need
54” blow it and forget it
Same here. the front blower handles any type of snow . I do have an atv with a plow, but I seldom use it .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WoodMaxx has snow blowers at $2295 on their website and they're located right down the road from you in Akron. N.Y.

Have you checked them out ? I'm not sure if they have them in stock though.
I had looked at them, didn’t know they were right in Akron though, that’s neat. They beat the Frontier by $50 before tax. Do you have any experience with their blower?

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,422 Posts
Personally, I like having as few places as possible to have to source repair and replacement parts down the road, so I lean towards Frontier most of the time.......You know Deere will handle the parts and get you what you need and frankly, snowblowers tend to need parts over time.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I had looked at them, didn’t know they were right in Akron though, that’s neat. They beat the Frontier by $50 before tax. Do you have any experience with their blower?
I have their 60" blower on my 2520. best thing I like is the impeller. Its cast steel iron, not bent sheet metal and the wings/arms are 3/8" thick. Thing weighs about 50+#s.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I do not but I am dreaming about their chipper , someday . ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
The 48” seems like it’s too narrow to clear in front of tires. I have the 1154 and the 1025 handles it just fine. I think it would handle the 60” too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.