Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bypassed a few safety switches but pto still worked until one day when I pull the switch it started killing engine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds like it thinks you're stepping on the reverse pedal?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
For less than $25, I'd change pto switch. The only other item I'd check is your "bypass" on set switch. bob

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
I have bypassed a few safety switches but pto still worked until one day when I pull the switch it started killing engine.
Which position is the PTO selector lever in?

Also, what was the implement you connected and do you know for sure its properly rotating without binding, etc.?

Were you on the machine seat when you pulled the PTO switch?

Make sure your seat bypass hasn't become "un bypassed"......

You can start the PTO when not on the tractor if the brake is set and transmission in N (and it might require rear only PTO selection but I am not sure,,,,). If you have altered those safety switches, check those as well..........

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
@SulleyBear Yeah that's correct, only the rear PTO can be engaged when the operator is out of the seat.
Thanks for confirming, I would never use mine in that fashion as I don't have any rear implements which require the operator to be off the seat (Post hole digger, rear 3ph generator, etc)

·
Premium Member
11,917 Posts
;) One post 20 hours ago and no returns since. Perhaps the duck figured out what was going on with the tractor.................Maybe we will never know. Hopefully, Curtf81 posts again and lets us know what he found so the thread can be of help to another with the same issue............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts