Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1023E. When I got ready to mow for the first time this season, the PTO would not engage. I kept monkeying with the switch and finally it engaged. However it was intermittently giving me problems while i was mowing when i would pull it to go in reverse. anyone else experience this? thanks

·
Administrator
20,866 Posts
Perhaps you have a bum switch. Can you put a volt meter on it to check the connections?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am pretty certain it is the switch, but since it is in warranty, i am not going to do anything but call the dealer. I have had one problem after another with this machine. Doesn't say much for their quality. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
i am pretty certain it is the switch, but since it is in warranty, i am not going to do anything but call the dealer. I have had one problem after another with this machine. Doesn't say much for their quality. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, thanks
what kind of problems have you had besides this?.. I have one of these buggies on the way for mid april.. Just curious what to watch out for.. Anything specific to the 1023 or are your issues just over all 1 series related?.. Sorry to hear you've have issues no matter what they are.. Its a lot of money to have into a machine you don't trust to work properly..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what kind of problems have you had besides this?.. I have one of these buggies on the way for mid april.. Just curious what to watch out for.. Anything specific to the 1023 or are your issues just over all 1 series related?.. Sorry to hear you've have issues no matter what they are.. Its a lot of money to have into a machine you don't trust to work properly..

small stuff, but enough to irritate. the fel had a cylinder that started leaking, the seal in the left front wheel started leaking, it only came with the primary air filter but not the secondary air filter( and it was supposed to have both) the dealer or whoever didnt install the lift for the mower correctly, the light switch quit working, and now the pto switch. But you may have no problems, good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts