Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the PTO button on the 2025R this afternoon. The bush hog blades did their thing, but then it sounded like the shear bolt went. No, the PTO just stopped and will not restart.

The PTO light comes on. This leads me to think that it is the rear PTO solenoid. The PTO push-pull button was replaced about 18 months ago and 165 hours.

Anyone had this happen? Know where the rear PTO solenoid is?

Thanks.

Ralph

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got a tech manual from tradebit.com for $26. Shows where both the front and rear PTO solenoids are located. Front one is really easy to get it; it appears. Rear one appears a tad more inaccessible.

Drove over to Va Tractor and made an appointment for them to pick it up (on Friday morning). Good thing I took the walkbehind Honda down in the bucket and did the trails yesterday.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't find this tech manual too useful. Doesn't show you where and how to get at various mechanical components. Shows picture of apparently the front PTO solenoid but not of the rear one, assuming there are separate ones and not just different detents on same solenoid. Not clear.

Anyone find a really good tech manual for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Don't find this tech manual too useful. Doesn't show you where and how to get at various mechanical components. Shows picture of apparently the front PTO solenoid but not of the rear one, assuming there are separate ones and not just different detents on same solenoid. Not clear.

Anyone find a really good tech manual for a reasonable price?
you have a gen 1 or gen 2 2025, I have a gen 1 tech manual, I no longer have the tractor if you need it. actual manual not the cd's

·
Registered
630 Posts
usps says it will be there friday, usps tracking number is
It doesn't show up on the system yet, if I typoed it I will fix it. I included a small package with 2 oem fuel filters and one brand x fuel filter.

·
Administrator
20,846 Posts
I think you may have a GEN2 Ralph, what is the serial number?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think gen 2 eliminated the turning brakes. I have turning brakes.
It doesn't show up on the system yet, if I typoed it I will fix it. I included a small package with 2 oem fuel filters and one brand x fuel filter.
Wow. I owe you. Was gonna change the fuel filter at 400 hours. Need one.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Think gen 2 eliminated the turning brakes. I have turning brakes.

Wow. I owe you. Was gonna change the fuel filter at 400 hours. Need one.
no , I had no need for them on my current machine, still have 3 more if anyone else wants them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fuel tank is on top and have turning brakes: gen. 1.
Since we're discussing Gen1 vs Gen 2, I've been meaning to ask you if you have that darned fuel filter under the left floor board. If not, do you have the electric fuel lift pump b4 the main fuel separator filter? I don't trust JD Parts Catalogs!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have a Gen 2 2032R. There are 2 brake pedals, one for left and one for right. Normally a clip is engaged to tie both together so they brake together. Is this what you mean by turning brakes? I'm still learning, slowly.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a Gen 2 2032R. There are 2 brake pedals, one for left and one for right. Normally a clip is engaged to tie both together so they brake together. Is this what you mean by turning brakes? I'm still learning, slowly.
Yeah. You use them to turn tight or if you don't have traction in front to steer. Must have retained them in the 2032R. Took them away in the 2025R.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, Mike. Still checking price of filters. What they look like do not match M811031. JD picked the machine up Friday.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks, Mike. Still checking price of filters. What they look like do not match M811031. JD picked the machine up Friday.
those are the ones I used, but they show as replaced by a different number and then replaced by a third number?? they also show the gen 2 with two filters but I can't even get the parts catalog to give my the american models instead of the international models. Don't worry about the filters if they don't fit yours they fit many models so just give them to some one else. hope the service manual is the correct one for your machine. mike

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My problem is the $288 relay. JD says fixing plus the $120 pickup and dropoff will be $691. Big labor charge. Think the relay is behind the lower instrument panel. Maybe if I'd have done it, could do for the $288. They're not sure how long it'll be to get the stinking (probably cheap Chinese) relay.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts