Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going to TSC to look at 12 volt pull behind sprayers for my x738. Will be using it to spray weeds along ditches and waste lagoon. Any recommendations for sprayers? Looking for sprayers under $300.
Where would you hook up the 12v power for the sprayer on the 2016 x738?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have the Fimco boom trailer sprayer that I bought off Craigs List earlier this year. It works great for spraying my driveway. It sprays a path about 8ft wide. It holds 15 gallons. I use the Roundup Pro concentrate at a rate of 1 oz per gallon. That seems to kill the weeds just fine. I got tired of walking the driveway with a 3 gallon hand sprayer, so I just spray my whole driveway and my neighbors driveway. It had a hand held sprayer, but it leaked and I did not need it anyway, so I cut it off.

Dave

Trailer Sprayer-FIMCO | Agri Supply

fimco.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Where would you hook up the 12v power for the sprayer on the 2016 x738?
Most sprayers use the same type of connectors on the harness. You can hook it directly to the battery via the provided quick disconnect pigtail or connect it to the 12V power outlet. You may have to purchase the 12V power outlet adapter pigtail separately.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I was looking into a 15 gallon JD tow behind sprayer for my property management job at the trailer hood. Was going to use it with the gun for spraying weed killer in the summer. Then using the boom to apply ice melt in the winter time. Unfortunately I never got funding for the project. I think the unit cost around $450 at the time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sprayer

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

I have a 15 gal Deere sprayer that I pull. I just ran 12vdc from a switch I put next to the light switch. If I attached the pic correctly you can see in on the rear. The bonus is put 2 LED's on 3" magnets. Hate drilling holes in green paint. They work great plowing snow or hooking up the trailer at night. Think I got 10 2 way connectors for 10$ on amazon. 10 LED's and 2 magnets were 80$. They work great. Just some ideas. If it's in the budget go bigger than 15 gal. Seems like I always need 4 extra gallons!! Matt

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts