Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried talking to the local dealer about this error (PULL COIL FAULT) on our 1025R and no luck. Said to bring the 1025R in and let them read it.

Does not happen every time but when we turn the key it comes up immediately. Most of the time this error displays the engine will turn over but not start. Some times (warm days if it has been running) it will catch even when that error displays.

Trying to get a clue about what this means so we can run it down and was hoping someone here would have a thought.

Thank you

Chuck

·
Administrator
21,709 Posts
I've never heard of a pull coil on a 1 series tractor before. Are you sure it's not a PTO coil fault? :unknown:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,170 Posts
Either way I think the dealer needs to check it out. I've never heard of it. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Tried talking to the local dealer about this error (PULL COIL FAULT) on our 1025R and no luck. Said to bring the 1025R in and let them read it.

Does not happen every time but when we turn the key it comes up immediately. Most of the time this error displays the engine will turn over but not start. Some times (warm days if it has been running) it will catch even when that error displays.

Trying to get a clue about what this means so we can run it down and was hoping someone here would have a thought.

Thank you

Chuck
Sounds like the fuel solenoid "pull in coil". there are two coils in the fuel solenoid. A pull in coil and a holding coil.
Below are the 1025R error codes and test procedure for the fuel solenoid.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ray_PA Answer

Hi ray:

That makes some sense to me. Thank you for the details and am going to check it out. Noticed that a previous post had a similar error on HOLD COIL FAULT and turned out to be a wire touching where it should not.

Chart was very helpful .

Chuck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back Again

Well took this to the dealer back in April. Seemed to be fixed. Have not run the tractor for six weeks or so and yesterday went to crank it and when the spark plug warm light goes off the same PULL COIL FAULT comes back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post but I have a small bit of useful information this happened to my new 2017 JD 1025R with 8.5 hours on it. The wires in the back of the fuse block had worked their way out of the holder so the fuel solenoid relay wasn't making a connection just something to check if your having this problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts