Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a pull type box scraper in the 5-6' width that offers tilting? There are a million different manufacturers for 8'+ but it seems to be slim pickings in the smaller arena. I prefer, and grew up, using a pull type because I feel there's more control using hydraulics and having wheels on graded ground allows for better/quicker leveling.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,523 Posts
Local company here builds 5' up to 10'ers.. I have a 6' and love it!! I havent used the tilt feature ever since I got it back in 2006.. Pull types are the only way to go!! :thumbup1gif:

View attachment 42688 View attachment 42689 View attachment 42690 View attachment 42691
Newt; I sure enjoy ur pics everytime u post some, u never disappoint me. Big Jim Guess what was sitting at jd's used tractor lot sat. morning when I picked up my new steering cylinder, are u ready, yes a used hpx gator, 2006year on consignment for $5999.00, after I read price tag and walked away and didn't look back! they also had a new one 4*4 sitting out front with the other packed front yard of deere grazing:lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reactions: NEWT

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's exactly what I'm looking for!
I think they get around the $2K area for 6'er like mine.. For another $1K they have ripper teeth that lower, but I aint got enough tractor for those.. I got mine from a local CaseIH dealer. They bought a few of these from the MFG and resold them.. Mine was sitting on their lot for over a year and I made a offer and SOLD!! I got it for $1050 out the door if I remember right.. Smokin deal if you ask me..

I bet one can be broken down and fit in a 8' pickup bed.. 4 Bolts to remove tongue and 2 to remove rear axle/weight box.. Just sayin.... :hide2:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a pretty stellar price considering a 3pt version is like $700. I wouldn't care for the sacrificers either. With what I'm looking to do, I have to till it up first.

Well that would require me to make a trip to Illinois! Not saying I wouldn't but I made the trip to MN for Thanksgiving and can't say I want to do it again soon. Lol. The Colorado also only has a 5'7" box. Of course, that just means a guy has to improvise!

I think I just talked myself into it.......

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NEWT

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's a pretty stellar price considering a 3pt version is like $700. I wouldn't care for the sacrificers either. With what I'm looking to do, I have to till it up first.

Well that would require me to make a trip to Illinois! Not saying I wouldn't but I made the trip to MN for Thanksgiving and can't say I want to do it again soon. Lol. The Colorado also only has a 5'7" box. Of course, that just means a guy has to improvise!

I think I just talked myself into it.......

If you find your interested in these, let me know, I can get some prices on one.. Usually they dont stock them on the lot, mostly 8'ers, but they can make a 6'er.. I seen the 5'ers and they are not built near as strong.. If I see one of them Ill get a picture.. I go by there at least once a week..

Also, Im gonna take the tilt cylinder off this summer and put a ratchet type turn buckle on instead. I just dont ever use the tilt, but dont really want to eliminate it altogether..

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would definitely be interested in 6'er just like what you've got. If the price is right and I can't find anything local, I will seriously consider going up there after on.

Thanks again, Newt!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a friend who built one from scratch and it looks factory. Has a 3x8 hyd cylinder, rear tires/rims from a 318, and rear weights from some F900 series mowers. It is 6' wide and will do some serious cutting. The 1025R didn't want much of it yesterday when I was leveling out some fill dirt in my yard.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm currently designing one in CAD. A buddy at work has friends with plasma tables and is going to price out the steel for me. We'll see what comes of that!

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought I would give a little update. I got the scraper designed a few months ago and got the parts out to a fabrication shop. Well on Monday I finally got the parts.

Here we are unloading... Don't have pallet forks yet so I have to improvise. Ballast box would also have been nice.
20150713_184708.jpg

Here's the pile of steel.
20150713_185100.jpg

Yesterday I got most of the remaining part; spindles, hubs, tires, hyd cylinders, etc.

Today or tomorrow I should be receiving the Lincoln 211 MP welder I ordered. If everything works out, I will be fusing metal this weekend!:yahoo:

·
Registered
967 Posts
:munch:(Beer Time)

Reactions: BigJim55 and Marlin

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Run into a little hiccup... It turns out that the Lincoln 211 MP welder is on a 5 week back order. Should get mine the first week in August.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The obvious solution here is to buy a 252 instead. :good2: :laugh:
You mean 256... I even told the sales man that is what I would prefer to have but its really overkill for what I'm going to be using it for. I perfer Miller, but not for the dollar premium they require.:good2:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, 4 months later and many hours hunting down steel, I've finally gotten all the welding done. Sure wish I had that 256 Lincoln... the 20% duty cycle of the 210MP on 240V leaves much to be desired when I was trying to fully weld everything.

Getting things tacked together.
20150910_192131.jpg

Roughly 4 years removed from welding consistently... looks like I can still lay down a good bead
20150910_185849.jpg

Working on the running gear.
20151114_165749.jpg

All finished, and measuring for hydraulic hoses.
20151117_210605.jpg 20151117_210546.jpg
20151117_210553.jpg 20151117_211327.jpg
20151117_213541.jpg

And finally, with the tractor. I think I need a bigger one!
20151117_212510.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
View attachment 86417 [/QUOTE]

Now that is nice!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Nice work

Well, 4 months later and many hours hunting down steel, I've finally gotten all the welding done. Sure wiSh I had that 256 Lincoln... the 20% duty cycle of the 210MP on 240V leaves much to be desired when I was trying to fully weld everything.

Getting things tacked together.

Roughly 4 years removed from welding consistently... looks like I can still lay down a good bead
View attachment 86353

Working on the running gear.
All finished, and measuring for hydraulic hoses.
View attachment 86369 View attachment 86377
View attachment 86385 View attachment 86393
View attachment 86409

View attachment 86417
I'm curious. It looks like in picture 6 or 7 you have two cylinders setting the depth but with different mounting points and distances from the pivot. How does that work?

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
12,812 Posts
I'm curious. It looks like in picture 6 or 7 you have two cylinders setting the depth but with different mounting points and distances from the pivot. How does that work?

Treefarmer
I assumed one cylinder was depth and the other was tilt. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 29 Posts