Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the 4th I decided to pull out the Weber Smokey Mountain and do a pork butt. I need to use this thing more. Two times in two and a half years isn't nearly enough. I must say the pork butt turned out really well. Also the Pitmaster IQ Temp controllers are awesome. Didn't have to mess with the smoker all day and it stayed within 15 degrees of 225 all day :good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
So on the 4th I decided to pull out the Weber Smokey Mountain and do a pork butt. I need to use this thing more. Two times in two and a half years isn't nearly enough. I must say the pork butt turned out really well. Also the Pitmaster IQ Temp controllers are awesome. Didn't have to mess with the smoker all day and it stayed within 15 degrees of 225 all day :good2:
That pork butt is on :fire: I'm drooling just looking at the pictures:bigthumb:

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Looks good! Was that a bone in?

I usually bring my PP to about 195*. I like a real "barky" crust on the outside. I do injection inside to keep it moist. I use an iGrill mini bluetooth thermometer with the app on my phone.

I didn't have time on the 4th, maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Boneless.

I did to 160° then wrapped in foil with a cup of apple juice poured over it. Then took it to 203°

It melted in your mouth.

Used this for the rub as I had it on hand. Made a nice bark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
837 Posts
That pork butt is on :fire: I'm drooling just looking at the pictures:bigthumb:
Same here and I just finished dinner!:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Looks really good

I've been doing pork in the crockpot but dang that looks good. I'll bet the smell had the whole neighborhood sniffing and hoping for an invitation.

I may have to try one myself but I think you've got the master touch.

Treefarmer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts