Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been stalking the forums pretty hard for a bit as I was trying to convince myself of the most reasonable purchase for my 1.2 acres. I wanted a 1025R TLB so bad, but the cost and fact that I only have 1.2 acres (and wife) pushed me towards the X570. I've since ordered a Johnny Bucket Jr, Johnny Universal Electric Sleeve Hitch, and Brinly Box Blade.

Now, she only has 0.2 hours on it and no grass time. I live in WA and it did rain yesterday, grass it quite tall at this point as I haven't had the machinery to mow all Spring. Question to all of you, should I wait it out until the grass dries out more (hasn't rained today) or take her out into the tall wet grass and give her her maiden voyage?

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi All,
Question to all of you, should I wait it out until the grass dries out more (hasn't rained today) or take her out into the tall wet grass and give her her maiden voyage?
Killer looking machine. You just have to see how the deck performs. Make one pass down the middle and come back the same way. Admire the cut then see how well the the deck cleans up with the hose.

This assumes you have drier weather on the way.

Good luck with her.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
As long as you aren't making tracks with the machine weight in the soft ground then go for it. The deck should work fine but probably build up pretty thick by the time you finish the yard. Nice looking machine, I'm sure your going to have the neighbors rubbernecking when you put it to work.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
:congrats: Looking good! :bigthumb: You have to mow wet grass sometime, why not the first time?!

·
Registered
417 Posts
:wgtt:

Nice looking machine! Enjoy her in good health!

-Lou

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nice machine. For what it's worth, I don't think there's much size difference between the two. I only have 1.3 acres but use my FEL for mulch and helping the neighbors too. I also got a tiller and subsoiler for the garden.

In other words both machines are suited for your size lot. :)

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Then do it before it gets any higher. Just clean the gunk off off everything afterwards. Especially under the deck. You can't trust the wash out port to get everything but it's a good place to start cleaning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts