Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I have wanted a Grapple since I bought my 2025R in 2018. Kept putting it off and looking around. In the 4 short years I have had my machine Frontier came out with their grapple. The 3rd function has become available plus quite a few nice looking divertor joystick configurations that are much nicer than the zip tied switches that were available and still are I guess. All that being said with prices skyrocketing I asked my dealer what a Frontier costs now to compare to EA and CTA. He offered $2100 and about 2 month wait. That definitely didn’t sway me towards Frontier. Just for heck of it I called a different dealer about an hour away. They told me would be $1999 and about a month. Better but not much. Before hanging up they say wait a minute we have 2 in stock we can sell for $1499. Have had them awhile. Same thing. AV20F. I know prices aren’t coming back down anytime soon so I went ahead and bought it. I will make a trip to get it one weekend I have time. So now I need a diverter. Any advice on the best deal/quality divertor setup. Right now I am looking at the summit kit. I like the trigger joystick control. With a discount code it runs about $525 but is back ordered. Anyone have any suggestions on a better setup. I would definitely want the integrated button in whatever setup. And the easier the better. I’m excited. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I had the Artillian set up which was a pretty clean and easy install. The older models had the large switch box that you zip tied to the SCV handle. I personally never had an issue with it but they have come up with a better design on the new model.

Gesture Finger Wrist Thumb Cable

Reactions: Guja0501

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was familiar with the old zip tie setup and that picture is much better. Are the lines run relatively clean. I remove my loader to mow once a week so I will have to hook and unhook it quite a bit. I’ll check on the artillian price. Is that what Kenny D sells?

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
606 Posts
I have the Artillian but I have a pistol grip with a button on the side for my joy stick .

Reactions: trav

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
The JD solution is a bit more, but it is fully integrated and also has a nice joystick.

Reactions: Arsenix2001

·
Registered
606 Posts
You did real good at $1499 in today's market. Before the price increases and the supply chain problems last year I got the same grapple from my dealer for $1230. List price then was $1649 and he said he normally sold them for $1400. I had recently bought the new tractor with a bunch of add ons so he cut me a good deal. The dozen fresh cooked crab I took him might have helped.

That grapple lists for $2088 now so you did very well, indeed. If they have a JD 3rd function kit in stock you might want to see if the guy is still in a good mood and will give you a deal on putting one on you machine. It is the most elegant solution, I think. If the weather here wasn't so nasty I could catch some Dungeness crab and ship them to you to bribe him but they wouldn't be real fresh by then anyway.

Reactions: bpop and trav

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You did real good at $1499 in today's market. Before the price increases and the supply chain problems last year I got the same grapple from my dealer for $1230. List price then was $1649 and he said he normally sold them for $1400. I had recently bought the new tractor with a bunch of add ons so he cut me a good deal. The dozen fresh cooked crab I took him might have helped.

That grapple lists for $2088 now so you did very well, indeed. If they have a JD 3rd function kit in stock you might want to see if the guy is still in a good mood and will give you a deal on putting one on you machine. It is the most elegant solution, I think. If the weather here wasn't so nasty I could catch some Dungeness crab and ship them to you to bribe him but they wouldn't be real fresh by then anyway.
Haha. Yeah I appreciate it. I may call tomorrow and see about the 3rd function kit. It looks very involved to install and more expensive. I feel like I could handle the job but would be considerable more swearing involved. If I had fresh Dungeness crab they wouldn’t make it to the Dealership. I’d have to eat them and pay the price.

• Haha
Reactions: trav and MattL

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have the summit diverter. It works well and I like the joystick control. I do not like the layout and the hoses they provided in the kit. I spent a considerable sum on hoses and fittings to clean it up.

Reactions: Kennyd and trav

·
Registered
2013 JD2520, 2011 JD3320,
62 Posts
I helped a friend install the Artillian kit on his 1025R. The joystick knob with the integrated diverter button is pretty slick and the install, albeit a bit time consuming, is quite basic and well thought out. Nice equipment. Glad you found a grapple. Great addition.

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
I have the summit diverter. It works well and I like the joystick control. I do not like the layout and the hoses they provided in the kit. I spent a considerable sum on hoses and fittings to clean it up.
Yes, from the pics I've seen (including the thread you did) that is the one thing they did NOT copy from Artillian well.

Reactions: Upset264 and trav

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
I personally never had an issue with it but they have come up with a better design on the new model.
I have not seen/heard of a new or different switch yet from Artillian other than the optional "8-ball" style switch they have, both Artillian and I get the diverter valve's and switches from the same supplier, all my kits still have the older style that works quite well.

Where did you get that picture from?

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
It's in the gallery for the 120R kit.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are there any coupon codes for the artillian setup. Pretty large difference from $525 to $779. Is it 50% better?

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I have not seen/heard of a new or different switch yet from Artillian other than the optional "8-ball" style switch they have, both Artillian and I get the diverter valve's and switches from the same supplier, all my kits still have the older style that works quite well.

Check Artillians website. Here's the new grapple ball knob.

Font Peripheral Technology Audio equipment Output device

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Yes, from the pics I've seen (including the thread you did) that is the one thing they did NOT copy from Artillian well.
Kenny,
My JD solution switch is a 3 position switch integrated into the knob. The positions are off up/down - left/right. I look at the Artillian and other solutions and the switch appears to be a single position momentary contact switch. Is that the case?? And if so how do you control l/r u/d??

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Check Artillians website. Here's the new grapple ball knob.
I know about that EVT...I even wrote about it and linked to it, it's been out for well over a year know. I was asking about the other switch you posted.

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Kenny,
My JD solution switch is a 3 position switch integrated into the knob. The positions are off up/down - left/right. I look at the Artillian and other solutions and the switch appears to be a single position momentary contact switch. Is that the case?? And if so how do you control l/r u/d??
The Artillian and other "diverter" valves only need a single momentary switch to energize them.

The the valve is powered, a hydraulic circuit (usually the dump/curl) is "diverted" to the new function, so you would operate the joystick left and right to open/close a grapple or move a plow left/right.

That is the difference from a true 3rd function as you have, and a diverter. Each has advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
Gen 1 2025R
59 Posts
Are there any coupon codes for the artillian setup. Pretty large difference from $525 to $779. Is it 50% better?
I recently installed the Artillian diverter kit on my Gen1 2025R.
For me the extra cost was worth it, everything fit my machine perfect and I feel that Artillian products are great quality. I also purchased the 60” Artillian hydraulic snow plow. Very pleased with the set up.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.