Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help locating a pulley. Neighbor asked if I could find this pulley for her 12" Craftsman Band Saw. Went to Sears Parts , told part Not Available no substitute.

Have been looking on line and find nothing..If no help here Tues or Wed will be at Keim Lumber maybe they will know if anything is available.

Thanks in advance

Picture of part needed. 20170806_183933[1].jpg

20170806_184010[1].jpg

·
Registered
837 Posts
Do you have a Grainger anywhere near you? They carry a lot of different pulleys.

Reactions: tj1

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
Have you checked Surplus Center, Grainger, or McMaster Carr? Surplus Center has a large selection of pulleys and sheaves, but I don't have any measurements to search by.

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had one till about 3 months ago, it closed.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reactions: etcallhome

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you checked Surplus Center, Grainger, or McMaster Carr? Surplus Center has a large selection of pulleys and sheaves, but I don't have any measurements to search by.
Tried Surplus Center, Grainger,

According to Parts manual

Pulley, Pollyrib 2 Step Pulley Pollyrib 1.75In Stud Belt tension

Its a Model 113.248210 and item #39 Part #816390 or 818776 Figure 3 of manual

Reactions: Robnik

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
It would be more helpful if we had the overall diameter (not the outer guides, but the top portion of the grooves), number of grooves, bore diameter, width. etc. The more info you post, the easier the search becomes. :good2:

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be more helpful if we had the overall diameter (not the outer guides, but the top portion of the grooves), number of grooves, bore diameter, width. etc. The more info you post, the easier the search becomes. :good2:
As near as I can tell 5/8" shaft.. 1 3/4" across pulley W.. Belt Width 9/16" Thickness of Pulley 1 1/4"

About all the info I can give.
:dunno::dunno:

Looked at McMaster Carr didn't see anything.

Reactions: Robnik

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
Call Grainger and ask

The Grainger staff will search their suppliers for the right product even if it's not in their catalog. You can call them and give them all the specs. They've come up with some really out of date parts for old stuff at times.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Grainger staff will search their suppliers for the right product even if it's not in their catalog. You can call them and give them all the specs. They've come up with some really out of date parts for old stuff at times.

Treefarmer
Thanks , I may have to give them a call if I can't find one while in Ohio.

Question.. The one DS found being 2.2" ver original 1.75" -- would blade turn faster or slower thinking faster. :dunno:

·
Administrator
20,987 Posts
Faster. With less power.

·
Premium Member
15,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Faster. With less power.
Since this isn't mine , and I didn't take the part off not sure how much adjustment is on the bandsaw.,,Thinking the faster speed would be OK for the user, she usually only cuts 4-6" pieces of foam for cushions. Once in a while maybe a piece of a wood to repair a piece of furniture.

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
Need some help locating a pulley. Neighbor asked if I could find this pulley for her 12" Craftsman Band Saw. Went to Sears Parts , told part Not Available no substitute.

Have been looking on line and find nothing..If no help here Tues or Wed will be at Keim Lumber maybe they will know if anything is available.

Thanks in advance

Picture of part needed. View attachment 426154

View attachment 426162
What about drilling and tapping the other boss?
You could also have a keyway brouched into that boss too, if the other one is not usable.

Reactions: tj1 and etcallhome
1 - 15 of 15 Posts