Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many guys on here go pulling during the summer months? Do you just go to your local fair and have fun or do you load up and go everywhere competitively? What does everyone pull with? Or was this addition to the forum a waist of shadows time? Hopefully this will catch on and have some more post!

·
Administrator
20,968 Posts
I’d like to be competing just for fun, but I’m a few days away from that, perhaps a bit longer....

Yeah, there’s a 60 under that mess.....

·
Premium Member
5,994 Posts
When the boys were home we did it for fun, usually the fair and one other event a couple miles from home. Last year I pulled the 3020, 770 and WD at the fair.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My uncle pulls competitively, not sure what he's running anymore, I know he had an Oliver.
I think dad will get into it once he retires, we shall see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I pull with my 60 a couple of times a year, at the Co Fair and Cider days in Lakewood. I am having an intervention with myself about this though as with just one big (heavy) tractor and only 1000 lb of weights I only get 4 hitches a day. The club I pull with starts with the little machines first so folks can weight up for heavier classes. This works ok for those who have a couple of tractors and lots of weights. On the last pull I weighed in at 9:30 and didn't pull till after 4pm, 45 min later it was all over. An awful lot of standing around for 45 min of pulling and throwing weights.
So far I have never ran out of power, just traction. I have a pair of worn down 16.9 x 38 on 16" wide rims and until I get to the 6500# class with about 800# of weight I just spin out. With all my weights I become competitive in the heavy classes. If I stay with it it looks like I will have to break down and buy some new rubber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts