Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
pics herm..?

So..are these front weights as in easy to move or Wheel?

What air pressure in the Business tires?
Are they loaded?..Is that an option?
Suitcase weights if your going to move them but some run wheel weights if they do not switch classes or only add suitcase weights.

Air pressure is all different. I have been as high as 13 and low as 8 but some go lower. I thing most go lower because there is a lot of wrinkling sidewalls. My tires have some years on them and some of the cracks might not like the wrinkling.

You can run loaded and I do in the 3020 because that is what it has always had. I like it when I use it but for pulling it sticks me up in a class where I have to run with 4020's.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Duke, I guess I don't know what you mean by FEL.
Herm, the trac was awful hard packed so I left my tires blown up. It may be wrong but I have always been told a hard track warrants a hard tire. I would have to check but I think I had them at 12 psi. Maybe I should have let some out, may have helped at the end of the track.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
Maybe I should have let some out, may have helped at the end of the track.
I am no expert on this subject but I wish I was.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
3,776 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Going pulling again on the 11th. Depending on track conditions I am going to let the tires down a touch on air and see what happens. Also going to try getting some brackets built to hang suitcase weights on the rear axle so I can put all the weight on the back.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I missed our local fair farm tractor pull on Thursday due to work a couple weeks ago. Last Friday afternoon the next county over had theirs so I drove over.

They start at 9,000lbs, I should have brought the 3020 but I would have gotten my butt kicked because most of the tractors ran like this 4020.

Cloud Sky Vehicle Racing Fence

Always enjoy these.

Sky Cloud Tree Land lot Body of water

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I found this interesting as well. They have an open unlimited class and it is interesting to see how much power some of the farm tractors can put out and put down with a lot of weight.
Cloud Sky Racing Grass Race track

Cloud Sky Car Tree Automotive tire

Cloud Sky Automotive tire Car Vehicle

Cloud Sky Vehicle Car Racing

Sky Car Vehicle Automotive tire Racing

Cloud Sky Tree Vehicle Grass

Cloud Sky Vehicle Car Truck

Of course the stock tractors including this winning 8400 drove home, the others, not so much.
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Plant

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
Decided to take the 770 this weekend.

Brought home a 3rd and $8.00 in one class. Not to shabby.👍
Tire Wheel Plant Tractor Sky

Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.