Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a cab for my Gen 1 2032R.

Right now the plan is to buy the Curtis Hard Side Deluxe Cab with the heater kit and the switch/fuse panel as options. The cab comes with a front wiper and Curtis doesn't appear to offer a rear wiper option. I know this setup has issues with a backhoe but I don't have one and don't plan on adding one so, that's not a concern for me.

I have some LED lights added to my ROPs that I'll have to remove and remount on the cab so that's a "known" thing. I'll also have to run by the dealer and pick up some antifreeze for the heater install since I'll be installing this thing myself.

I want an interior dome light and radio but I think I can find aftermarket units to use for those for a lot less $$ than what Curtis wants.

What else am I missing? What else should I be concerned with?

·
Premium Member
13,011 Posts

Right now the plan is to buy the Curtis Hard Side Deluxe Cab with the heater kit and the switch/fuse panel as options. The cab comes with a front wiper and Curtis doesn't appear to offer a rear wiper option. I know this setup has issues with a backhoe but I don't have one and don't plan on adding one so, that's not a concern for me.

I have some LED lights added to my ROPs that I'll have to remove and remount on the cab so that's a "known" thing. I'll also have to run by the dealer and pick up some antifreeze for the heater install since I'll be installing this thing myself.

I want an interior dome light and radio but I think I can find aftermarket units to use for those for a lot less $$ than what Curtis wants.

Oh man... mainly you have to be concerned about getting all sweaty while you are out there in single digit temperatures clearing snow.

I just came in from about 2 hrs of clean up and wow... that C-C-C-cool F-F-F-fresh air S-S-S-sure was refreshing. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man... mainly you have to be concerned about getting all sweaty while you are out there in single digit temperatures clearing snow.

I just came in from about 2 hrs of clean up and wow... that C-C-C-cool F-F-F-fresh air S-S-S-sure was refreshing. :)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Plowing snow in single digit temps doesn't bother me in the least. It's plowing at 33 degrees when it's turned to rain but cold enough for that rain to freeze and turn me into an icicle that bothers me!

I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with the sweat! :lol:

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Are you going to pick up the cab or just drive down there on the tractor and have them install it? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you going to pick up the cab or just drive down there on the tractor and have them install it? :lol:
I suppose I could just wander over with a pallet jack and drag it back home. :laugh:

The funny part of it is that the cheapest price I found on it is through "Green Dealer" out of IL. So even though Curtis's building is only a few miles from my house and I could easily pick it up myself, it's about $1,000 cheaper to buy it from someplace 2,000 miles away and take the free shipping and no sales tax. Go figger!

·
Administrator
18,472 Posts
The funny part of it is that the cheapest price I found on it is through "Green Dealer" out of IL. So even though Curtis's building is only a few miles from my house and I could easily pick it up myself, it's about $1,000 cheaper to buy it from someplace 2,000 miles away and take the free shipping and no sales tax. Go figger!

Curtis does not sell direct (although Artillian, now owned by Curtis does). That dealer most likely would be having the unit drop-shipped so you may be able arrange a pickup and save the cost even though your paying the Green Dealer. If I'm not mistaken, Frank did exactly this.

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
Curtis does not sell direct (although Artillian, now owned by Curtis does). That dealer most likely would be having the unit drop-shipped so you may be able arrange a pickup and save the cost even though your paying the Green Dealer. If I'm not mistaken, Frank did exactly this.
Exactly as Kenny mentioned.

I found my best online cab price with free shipping. In my case it was also Green Dealer. I called them and mentioned I’d pick the cab up and they reduced the price by ~$200 if I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23,261 Posts
Maybe a fan that swivels so you can move some air into certain window areas when needed and use in the summertime.
This.

Back in the day our dump trucks didn’t have A/C. You absolutely need this to keep windshield/ windows clear on humid/rainy days. In the winter it will help direct heat to certain glass areas also.

Something as simple as one of these for $15-$20

Amazon.com: ALEKO CF02 Mini Dashboard Electric Car Fan for Summer Road Trips 6 Inch Blades 12V Aluminum: Automotive

6EA44A86-3284-4985-867A-92BF0048C85F.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the cab, heater and switch/fuse block ordered today. Unfortunately, neither the dealer nor Curtis has any in stock right now so Curtis will be building me one and it won't be ready for pickup until the 3rd week of March. Booooo!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,065 Posts
That was darn funny. :lolol: :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,490 Posts

Do you need to upgrade your alternator? Your heater will place an additional strain on the alternator. Check with your dealer to see if the stock alternator can handle the additional load. If not, check out the attached link. I purchased two from them for my 1025R's. Good people to deal with and a whole lot cheaper than John Deere.

I have a Mauser cab on my 1025R, and I still need hearing protection inside the cab. That being said, I would forgo the radio and get some nosie cancelling bluetooth headphones and listen thru your cell phone. Maybe the noise is just a Mauser or 1025R thing, so maybe some 2 series owners with a cab will chime in.

No matter what, you will enjoy your cab this summer and next year. :good2:

DBElectrical: Starters, Alternators and More to Keep Your Vehicle Running

Reactions: Toughsox and rtgt

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got my 2038R back with the Curtis Cab installed. You definitely will need hearing protection with the Curtis. The noise isn't outrageous but definitely way louder than before. I had to clear out a 8' snow mound to let the melting snow out. It was so nice being warm and dry.

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
Do you need to upgrade your alternator? Your heater will place an additional strain on the alternator. Check with your dealer to see if the stock alternator can handle the additional load. If not, check out the attached link. I purchased two from them for my 1025R's. Good people to deal with and a whole lot cheaper than John Deere.

I have a Mauser cab on my 1025R, and I still need hearing protection inside the cab. That being said, I would forgo the radio and get some nosie cancelling bluetooth headphones and listen thru your cell phone. Maybe the noise is just a Mauser or 1025R thing, so maybe some 2 series owners with a cab will chime in.

No matter what, you will enjoy your cab this summer and next year. :good2:

DBElectrical: Starters, Alternators and More to Keep Your Vehicle Running
My current 2032R has the stock 40 amp alternator and it handles the lighting and heater just fine. The previous 2320 had the stock 20 amp alternator and I had no problems with lighting and heater either.

Reactions: Yamaguy and rtgt

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My current 2032R has the stock 40 amp alternator and it handles the lighting and heater just fine. The previous 2320 had the stock 20 amp alternator and I had no problems with lighting and heater either.
This.

It’s not an electric heater, it’s a fan powered by electricity that blows air over a radiator filled with the engine coolant. Not a very big draw on the alternator.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Just saw on the JD spec sheet that 2032R's come with an 85 amp alternator. I would think that should be plenty to handle the additional load. I have a Mauser cab on my 1025R, and both Mauser and John Deere suggested upgrading from the stock 40 to a 55 amp alternator. I was just pointing out a much cheaper alternative to JD parts, if an upgrade is necessary.

Out of curiosity, what year is your 2032R. A 40 amp sees mighty small.

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Super Moderator
8,191 Posts
Reactions: jdforever
1 - 18 of 18 Posts