Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to mow yard today on my fairly new 1025R. Started up and raised deck and rear hitch when I noticed the 3 point hitch pulsing/jumping. It just kept doing that no matter what I did.. whether lowered or raised, just pulsing.
Any idea what could be going on??
It didn't stop after running for 1/2 hour, though maybe it would once fluid warmed up.
Never did this before today.
Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
Does it only do it when fully raised? If so, your feedback rod probably needs to be adjusted. If it does it in any position the valve may have an internal issue.

Have you checked the usual suspects like fluid level and condition? Has it been serviced?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Does it only do it when fully raised? If so, your feedback rod probably needs to be adjusted. If it does it in any position the valve may have an internal issue.

Have you checked the usual suspects like fluid level and condition? Has it been serviced?

Fluid level is OK. Mowed 2 other properties yesterday and no issues, but today pulsing. I am soon to get serviced with hydro fluid at 50 hours, only 23 hours on machine now
It does it fully raised and lowered.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Does it pulse with the engine at high idle or low idle or both?
Do you hear a hydraulic whining sound when it is pulsating? If it is whining, you could have a pump cavitating.
I just did my 50 hour service on my 1025R. The hydraulic suction strainer was pretty full of grime. This is not unusual for a first oil change since you will get assembly dirt but if it is bad enough, it could cause enough restriction to cause cavitation which will cause surging in the hydraulics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Does it pulse with the engine at high idle or low idle or both?
Do you hear a hydraulic whining sound when it is pulsating? If it is whining, you could have a pump cavitating.
I just did my 50 hour service on my 1025R. The hydraulic suction strainer was pretty full of grime. This is not unusual for a first oil change since you will get assembly dirt but if it is bad enough, it could cause enough restriction to cause cavitation which will cause surging in the hydraulics.
I just went out to test it again. It started to do it with hitch up, low idle. Then moved lever to down and it stopped. Increased throttle and it stopped in the low and raised position. So now I can't replicate what happened earlier today.
Would that be from the dirt you mentioned and it just moves some grime around and will do it only when enough grime is around strainer?
And should I just have dealer do the 50 hour service now and not chance doing any damage?
The sound it was making was same as when you raise and lower hitch, like if you raised and lowered quickly between up and down.
Thanks!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mine did that one time. Lifted and lowered hitch then shut off tractor. After it sat for about half hour, I started it and it never did it again. Just had a Grimlin in the system.:unknown: It probly had about 10 hours on clock and know has 41 hours with no problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem on my brand new 1025R. It ended up being the lever to raise and lower the deck/3pt hitch. It was not going into the full down position because of the adjustment screw that is used to set the position of the 3pt hitch. I loosened the screw to allow the lever to go all the way to the bottom and the pulsing stopped.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I too am having this problem. Started at about 75 hours. Talked to a dealer and they said it needs to come in. The only problem is they are all first come first served and it may be six weeks of waiting. Absolutely pathetic. Wish the dealers would schedule things, be good for them too since it wouldnt be in the way.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I too am having this problem. Started at about 75 hours. Talked to a dealer and they said it needs to come in. The only problem is they are all first come first served and it may be six weeks of waiting. Absolutely pathetic. Wish the dealers would schedule things, be good for them too since it wouldnt be in the way.

I think they can do a little better scheduling than that if you push back on them a little.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have pushed hard. They do not schedule ebd of discussion. Unless I want to pay for field service.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Noticed this thread and thought I would respond. I have a 1025r with about 23 hours on it. Mine started pulsing last week no matter what position the lift lever was in. It was worse with a load, but still noticeable with just the iMatch. Dealer picked it up and kept it for about 4-5 days. The service manager said it was bad valve. All replaced under warranty including free pick-up and delivery. Can't complain about the service although I wonder about the quality control from the factory.

Works great now!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Old thread, but my brand new 2018 1025r is showing the same behavior. Will see what the dealer can do to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Old thread, but my brand new 2018 1025r is showing the same behavior. Will see what the dealer can do to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello Matractor, my 2018 started doing the same last night...could you share the outcome from your issue?
Thanks

2018 - 1025R
120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Hello Matractor, my 2018 started doing the same last night...could you share the outcome from your issue?
Thanks

2018 - 1025R
Most times what causes this issue is the rockshaft 3 point feed back adjustment is out of adjustment. This is a rod that one end is connected the right hand rockshaft lift arm and the other end is connected to the rockshaft valve. It is a mechanical linkage that tells the rockshaft hydraulic valve in what position the 3 point lift arms are actually in.

If this linkage is out of adjustment, when the 3 point lift arms are up all the way, they will pulse.

Below is the info from the earlier tech manual. I would assume the 2018 machines are the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Most times what causes this issue is the rockshaft 3 point feed back adjustment is out of adjustment. This is a rod that one end is connected the right hand rockshaft lift arm and the other end is connected to the rockshaft valve. It is a mechanical linkage that tells the rockshaft hydraulic valve in what position the 3 point lift arms are actually in.

If this linkage is out of adjustment, when the 3 point lift arms are up all the way, they will pulse.

Below is the info from the earlier tech manual. I would assume the 2018 machines are the same.
Thanks, Ray...I’ll check this later today. I should have probably given more details, it does this at all RPM ranges and with the 3pt at all levels. In addition it’ll just randomly drop the box blade to the ground for a split second then it pops right back up. I just checked my oil and it is in the “add” section of the stick...I’ll check the adjustment rod today and grab some oil tomorrow when the dealer is open...thanks for the quick response.

2018 - 1025R

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Thanks, Ray...I’ll check this later today. I should have probably given more details, it does this at all RPM ranges and with the 3pt at all levels. In addition it’ll just randomly drop the box blade to the ground for a split second then it pops right back up. I just checked my oil and it is in the “add” section of the stick...I’ll check the adjustment rod today and grab some oil tomorrow when the dealer is open...thanks for the quick response.

2018 - 1025R
Definitely check your oil level, but unless you have a serious leak, the oil level hasn't changed from one day to the next.

The feed back linkage rod may have fell off completely. You can see the rod from the right rear of the tractor although to adjust will probably require removing the right hand plastic cover next to the seat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Definitely check your oil level, but unless you have a serious leak, the oil level hasn't changed from one day to the next.

The feed back linkage rod may have fell off completely. You can see the rod from the right rear of the tractor although to adjust will probably require removing the right hand plastic cover next to the seat.
Update...I topped off the fluid and followed the linkage adjustments as Ray_PA provided with no luck. It continues to jump at all RPM and levels of the height adjustment. I also noticed that when I set it (say halfway) the arms will slowly bleed down for 3-5 seconds and then it will jump. Also when shutting the tractor down with the arms all the way up it will bleed down to ground in roughly 10 seconds with only the weight of the iMatch...I guess I’ll be calling the dealer in the morning, I really hope I’m not down too long.

2018 - 1025R

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
Yeah, sounds like your rockshaft cylinder seal is leaking by. That explains the cycling in the manner you described. It’s fairly involved, but not terribly serious for a decent mechanic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, sounds like your rockshaft cylinder seal is leaking by. That explains the cycling in the manner you described. It’s fairly involved, but not terribly serious for a decent mechanic.
Thanks, it only has 40 hours on it so it’ll be a warranty job for the dealer.
Thanks for input

2018 - 1025R

1 - 20 of 28 Posts