Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Yeah, sounds like your rockshaft cylinder seal is leaking by. That explains the cycling in the manner you described. It’s fairly involved, but not terribly serious for a decent mechanic.
That's Jason's way of saying "While it might be complicated for the average mechanic, he could do the repair in his sleep and not even interrupt his REM cycles.".......

Jason's the man.......:bigthumb:

Tractors, elevators heck even Sky Hooks, he can fix them all...........:good2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's Jason's way of saying "While it might be complicated for the average mechanic, he could do the repair in his sleep and not even interrupt his REM cycles.".......

Jason's the man.......:bigthumb:

Tractors, elevators heck even Sky Hooks, he can fix them all...........:good2:
Well, I hope the tech at the dealer is half as good as Jason...bums me out to know that my brand new tractor will have to go under the knife for something this invasive this early on.

2018 - 1025R
120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box

·
Administrator
20,468 Posts
Meh, don’t feel bad. It’s under warranty. That’s what they’re for anyway. Stuff happens. It’s a tractor. They’ll fix the seal and you’ll happily tractor away right after soon forgetting about this little speed bump. :thumbup1gif:

The repair is just a seal, but they have to remove the rockshaft assembly and remove the piston. It’s a couple of hours and a few gaskets along the way. No big deal. :good2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Matractor, my 2018 started doing the same last night...could you share the outcome from your issue?
Thanks

2018 - 1025R
Sorry for late reply.

My dealer came picked it up and fixed it under warranty. They did some adjustment , without bothering to explain. It never did pulse again

In short I don’t know what they did to fix it. I guess it is fine. we bought name brand tractor for the good warranty, let them fix it and be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sorry for late reply.

My dealer came picked it up and fixed it under warranty. They did some adjustment , without bothering to explain. It never did pulse again

In short I don’t know what they did to fix it. I guess it is fine. we bought name brand tractor for the good warranty, let them fix it and be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, got the tractor back today...bad Pilot Control Valve, all in a $900 warranty bill.

2018 - 1025R

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the great info!

I'm a green tractor newbie with a 2018 2032R that came down with a similar case of 3-pt hitch hiccups yesterday afternoon and was puzzled until discovering this thread. This gives me some great background info for when I talk to the dealer's service department tomorrow morning.
Many thanks!
Cheers!

·
Registered
54 Posts
OK. so it looks like I'm not alone. 100 hours on my 1025R ands I put my 3-point hitch on, which I don't use much and it started pulsing. All positions and power settings. Not while in transition. The 3-point drops immediately when the engine is shut off, which I don't remember it doing before. The feedback rod appears normal. It sounds like the consensus is it needs to go to the dealer.
Video: 3PointPulse
Update - I was so quick to come here (it seemed so serious) I hadn't even checked the hydraulic fluid level, which was low. Hopefully that will fix it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nope, wasn't the hydraulic fluid level. I guess it's on the way to the dealer...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts