Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2021 5075E OOS PR 4WD with 520M FEL, 72" 4 in 1 bucket, 84" BB5084, RC2072, 485BH
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
First time posting and new user to GTT,
We are about to purchase a 2021 5075E OOS with power reverser and 4wd. 0% financing so, how could you go wrong! We’re also including the 520M loader, a Frontier 72” rotary cutter and 72” box blade, as well as a 72” 4 in 1 bucket and the 485-backhoe attachment. We’ll need some pallet forks. Might ask the dealer about adding those in. May have to add some wheel weights(beet juice) too. I know there are several aftermarket companies that sell for less and there are plenty of additional attachments we could use in the future.

Question I had was, does the 520M loader come with the bucket? I’m pretty sure it does, but several quotes we received said they’d take off the general loader bucket since we’re adding the 4 in 1. If I’m paying for it, I want it! I don’t see anywhere in the quotes I’ve received saying they credited any money for a general loader bucket.
What about dealers matching/beating prices on implements and attachments?

About our farm. We are just starting out and have nothing. My Father-in-Law has an old Ford 3600 with loader he said I could have but it needs some work. We are purchasing 145 acres, of which about a 100 is pines and some hardwoods, with the other 40 pasture with some water features taking up the rest. We are hydroponic farm farming in greenhouses and will use the tractor mainly for mowing, installing infrastructure, fixing fences and roads, cleaning up the trash, brush, and logs, etc. I figure in the first year or two is when we’ll really put the tractor to work.

Any thoughts?
Thanks from Texas

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hi! Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin.

Reactions: WeissFamilyFarms

·
Registered
192 Posts
looks like you'll be busy there. Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois

According to deere website, 520m loader includes a bucket
Sounds like dealer is trading the included bucket, for another that you asked for?

·
Super Moderator
6,281 Posts
Question I had was, does the 520M loader come with the bucket? I’m pretty sure it does, but several quotes we received said they’d take off the general loader bucket since we’re adding the 4 in 1. If I’m paying for it, I want it! I don’t see anywhere in the quotes I’ve received saying they credited any money for a general loader bucket.
The 520M loader comes with a bucket built into it's pricing. There is an option to remove the OEM bucket and you are supposed to get a $970 credit. Your dealer may or may not have done that The credit might not be mentioned but may be built in to the math elsewhere. You'd have to ask your dealer what happened to that in the estimate.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Bucket is supposed to be included. Are you getting 3rd function? I know some people love a 4 n 1 but I wouldn't haul one home if you gave it to me. Not for my purposes. I think a grapple is much more useful. I had a 4 n 1 on a 5310 that I never came up with any actual uses for. Just my opinion and food for thought. Also if you will be removing the loader any at all the single point hookup w/3rd function is the best option that I bought when I bought my 5090. I absolutely love the bucket grapple that I have on my machine. The only time it comes off is to put the forks on, which I do often.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Registered
2021 5075E OOS PR 4WD with 520M FEL, 72" 4 in 1 bucket, 84" BB5084, RC2072, 485BH
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 520M loader comes with a bucket built into it's pricing. There is an option to remove the OEM bucket and you are supposed to get a $970 credit. Your dealer may or may not have done that The credit might not be mentioned but may be built in to the math elsewhere. You'd have to ask your dealer what happened to that in the estimate.
I'll have to double check. I either want the bucket, probably not bad to keep it anyway, or I want the credit. I'm sure once all the paperwork is done, I'll see either the credit or we'll get to keep the bucket. Thanks for showing me the price to look for.
Ken

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bucket is supposed to be included. Are you getting 3rd function? I know some people love a 4 n 1 but I wouldn't haul one home if you gave it to me. Not for my purposes. I think a grapple is much more useful. I had a 4 n 1 on a 5310 that I never came up with any actual uses for. Just my opinion and food for thought. Also if you will be removing the loader any at all the single point hookup w/3rd function is the best option that I bought when I bought my 5090. I absolutely love the bucket grapple that I have on my machine. The only time it comes off is to put the forks on, which I do often.
Yes, we are getting the third function. Obviously, the 4 in 1 bucket needs it for the "Grapple part." However, with the third function, we'll be able to run and actual root grapple or auger from the front loader. If the logs get bigger, we may invest in an actual root grapple later. The main thing we want the 4 in 1 bucket for is light duty grapple, but also using the bucket as a dozer blade for leveling some area. Maybe it's not quite the right tool but we like the multi-purpose use of the 4 in 1.
Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome. My 2018 5075E had been a good overall machine so far. You will enjoy it I think.

The only time I know that a bucket isn't included with a FEL from JD is if you opt to get it setup for a Skidsteer attachment. JD doesn't make Skidsteer attachments, so if they sell you a Skidsteer setup FEL it will not have an attachment included as sold from JD. If the dealer gets you one then it won't be a Deere brand bucket and you will obviously have to pay extra for it as you're buying another brands bucket.

Every other scenario I know of will get you a bucket with your JD FEL purchase.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome, just an FYI, most will admit that a 4 in 1 really does nothing great, but will get most tasks done , though not so efficient. A bucket will dig and grade effectively without the weight plenty and limited jaw opening when using the 4 in 1 as a grapple ? With a 100 acres of woods you will soon find a grapple will probably be your go to for moving debris , trees ,rock and the whatever’s

·
Registered
203 Posts
My 5065E came with the 553 Loader with Global Carrier (Quick Attach Design). I would suggest you look at the beefiness of the 520M being quoted. You are the best judge of what your uses will be.

The only real difference between a 5065E and a 5075E is the pump is turned up to give a little more Hp fro the same engine. A few other minor differences.

I am totally satisfied with the 553 Loader, and have never over-loaded ( #:< ) it. I would be leary to use too light of a loader on this size tractor. The 65-75Hp unit weighs enough without weighted tires to put the loader/bucket/forks in a bind. My concern would be longevity of the unit

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am also pulling a MX-8 shredder not a "Frontier" unit. Before purchasing it, I borrowed a neighbors light duty 10 ft shredder.

the 5065 handled the 10 foot shredder well on flat ground, but made you clench on some ditch banks.

I opted for the MX-8. I do wish now that I would have spent $250 more and got a Rhino or Bush Hog brand instead. The John Deere products will leave some tails.

You will have 75 Hp at the engine. Check the sturdiness of the Frontier items. Again, you are more familiar with your application, terrain, and expectations

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Congrats

rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My 5065E came with the 553 Loader with Global Carrier (Quick Attach Design). I would suggest you look at the beefiness of the 520M being quoted. You are the best judge of what your uses will be.

The only real difference between a 5065E and a 5075E is the pump is turned up to give a little more Hp fro the same engine. A few other minor differences.

I am totally satisfied with the 553 Loader, and have never over-loaded ( #:< ) it. I would be leary to use too light of a loader on this size tractor. The 65-75Hp unit weighs enough without weighted tires to put the loader/bucket/forks in a bind. My concern would be longevity of the unit
According to the JD brochure, the 520M is the recommended (and only) loader available for the E series of tractor. We're looking at the 2021. I can't find anything on the 553 other than something from South Africa. To go up to like the 540M and above, we would need to go to the M series tractor or the 6 series, it looks like. I could be wrong and I have found several dealers have also been wrong on which implements go to which tractors!

Reactions: 2mtrucks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am also pulling a MX-8 shredder not a "Frontier" unit. Before purchasing it, I borrowed a neighbors light duty 10 ft shredder.

the 5065 handled the 10 foot shredder well on flat ground, but made you clench on some ditch banks.

I opted for the MX-8. I do wish now that I would have spent $250 more and got a Rhino or Bush Hog brand instead. The John Deere products will leave some tails.

You will have 75 Hp at the engine. Check the sturdiness of the Frontier items. Again, you are more familiar with your application, terrain, and expectations
I wish I could see what the dealer was going to charge me for different size implements. I might consider going to the 8 foot rotary cutter vs the 7 foot. We only have about a 20 to 30 acre pasture (note all together)and some smaller side areas to cut, but again, I'd rather not spend all day cutting grass. Not sure if a foot difference would make that much of a difference in cutting time. Maybe I'll broach the subject once we start looking at paperwork. Might be worth looking at a slightly larger bucket or box blade.
Ken

·
Registered
335 Posts
According to the JD brochure, the 520M is the recommended (and only) loader available for the E series of tractor. We're looking at the 2021. I can't find anything on the 553 other than something from South Africa. To go up to like the 540M and above, we would need to go to the M series tractor or the 6 series, it looks like. I could be wrong and I have found several dealers have also been wrong on which implements go to which tractors!
The 553 was the old loader on the 3 cylinder 5E's. I'm not sure but it may be the same basic loader as the 520M. The H240 was the 3 cylinder 5E loader before the 520M and after the 553 and the H240 and 520M are pretty much the same loader minus the name.

One thing the 3 cylinder 5E's are not lacking is in loader capability. Some claim their FEL is too much loader for the tractor. They are likely right because I don't know of another FEL in the 3 cylinder 5E's class that's rated to lift as much weight as high as the H240/520M FEL. It's a beefy unit. I'd rather have too much loader than too little a loader though. You just need to be smart and not try and move more weight than what the tractor is capable of handling. A 18+ OOS, MFWD, 12x12 powershuttle 5075E is right under 6,000 lbs before adding a FEL or filling the tires, so it has some pretty good heft for a tractor its size especially seeing as it has a short 80" wheelbase.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The 520 is the correct loader. I have a 540 MSL on my 5090E and I can say it is one hefty loader. Especially with the 85" bucket and bucket grapple. It's a setup I would buy again and again. I love not having to change from bucket to grapple and having all the benefits of both. Actually more. You can get a lot of material in the bucket grapple and because the bucket is the bottom you don't lose anything in transit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts