Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a Kubota BX2380 that is giving me a bit of trouble. It's in the shop now and "hopefully" will get fixed. I know the question I'm going to ask is very subjective but I'm just looking for the wisdom of the community. I don't expect a perfect answer.

I'm thinking of purchasing a new 1025R from the local dealer here. Deere is offering the 0 percent financing (72 months) and the dealer provides a 10 year limited powertrain warranty. The 1025R has a tighter turning radius, the auto connect deck, position control on the 3 point and slighter more lift capacity on the FEL. The Kubota has been a good little tractor until the breakdown.

I think the amount I would need to finance results in a payment of roughly $140/month. Would you make the switch from orange to green for a10 year warranty and some minor tractor upgrades?

I know this is subjective, but I keep waffling back and forth, for and against. What do you think?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
Would you make the switch from orange to green for a10 year warranty and some minor tractor upgrades?
I wouldn't make the switch just for the warranty, but I'd make the switch just to get rid of that go peddle that Kabota puts on theirs.
Seriously, as far as usability goes, JD is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition, the quick park FEL and the auto connect deck are worth their weight in gold IMO.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I think most owners with a 1-series Deere or a Kubota subcompact wish at times they had a little bit more tractor. It looks like Deere and Kubota both have zero percent financing on the table, with Kubota offering 84 months vs the Deere 72 months. Now may be the right time for you to move up to a Deere 2-series rather than make what would be a lateral move for the 1-series Deere. Run the numbers and see how the results fit into your budget.

The 2025R Deere is only slightly larger, but has a more robust hydraulic pump and can lift more weight. It has larger diameter tires and more ground clearance, and a Cat 1 3 point versus the smaller tractor's limited Cat 1.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
Deere also has 0%/84 month financing. Inquire with the dealer since they don't typically publicize it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
A bit of a loaded question to ask here.... although there are plenty of Kubota folks here... 'greentractortalk' means most of us are Deere fans.

Relationship with your local dealer is a big deal for most, do you like your Kubota and/or Deere dealer?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,371 Posts
The obvious question, how old is the BX2380 and how many hours on it?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think most owners with a 1-series Deere or a Kubota subcompact wish at times they had a little bit more tractor. It looks like Deere and Kubota both have zero percent financing on the table, with Kubota offering 84 months vs the Deere 72 months. Now may be the right time for you to move up to a Deere 2-series rather than make what would be a lateral move for the 1-series Deere. Run the numbers and see how the results fit into your budget.

The 2025R Deere is only slightly larger, but has a more robust hydraulic pump and can lift more weight. It has larger diameter tires and more ground clearance, and a Cat 1 3 point versus the smaller tractor's limited Cat 1.
I thought the 2025R still had the Limited Cat 1 3 point hitch?

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,459 Posts
and a Cat 1 3 point versus the smaller tractor's limited Cat 1.
Negative, it is a limited Cat1.
I thought the 2025R still had the Limited Cat 1 3 point hitch?
It does, my one HUGE oversight when I bought mine, and honestly on of the main reasons I traded for the 2038R.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A bit of a loaded question to ask here.... although there are plenty of Kubota folks here... 'greentractortalk' means most of us are Deere fans.

Relationship with your local dealer is a big deal for most, do you like your Kubota and/or Deere dealer?
I don't really have a relationship with either at the moment. I actually bought the tractor used with 116 hours on it. I've taken it to a dealer who has at least taken the time to talk with me in the past. There is another Kubota dealer here that basically blew me off....never been back to that one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I actually gave this some consideration but I watched a video the other day that said the new 2025 had the exact same loader as the 1025, so lift capacity was virtually the same. If the lift capacity is more or less the same, what would be the advantages to moving into the 2025?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Fransser,
There would be no hesitation on my part to dump the orange for green. A limited CAT1 hitch only called a "limited" hitch because you loose a bit of lift. However, I have plenty of lift for all of my CAT 1 attachments and lift has never been an issue, ever.

I also owned a Kubota as a second machine for my wife. The foot heel pedal arrangement almost killed her so it was traded for a Gator and now all is good. You'll do very well with a 1025R, or like me, a 1023E. Good luck.

AND, I do a lot of ground engaging work. I have never for one minute felt I needed more horse power or more hydraulics capabilities.

JD has the 0% for 84 months available, and I suggest you use it. You should also purchase your option at the same time so that they are folded into the plan. Start with the JD install 3rd SCV. You'll never regret it.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Ground clearance and a slightly better ride of bigger tires is about all the difference between the new versions of 1025 and 2025. And also, it can lift the deck a little higher.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
There is no such thing as Deere 10 year Power Train Warranty on the 1025r series machine. Deere is VERY clear about two things in their warranty,

1. The base warranty is 2 years, the power train warranty is 6 years or 2,000 hours

2. Dealers may NOT modify the terms of any warranty nor can the dealer offer any warranty extension, coverage or modification. All warranties are through John Deere only. Here is the exact language from Deere's warranty.

""NO DEALER WARRANTY–The selling authorized dealer makes no warranty of its own and the dealer has no authority to make any representation or promise on behalf of John Deere, or to modify the terms or limitations of this warranty in any way.""

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
Full disclosure: You're on a JD forum. 😁

I can't speak to the Orange one, but I've got a 2017 1025R and it's been great! I can't recommend it enough. If I had a complaint it would be loader lift capacity, but being a mostly reasonable person, it's unreasonable to want to forklift lifting capabilities from a base tactor that 1400lbs. Love the drive over deck, love the deck's load-n-go's, the BH has been very handy and have no idea how I ever lived with without a FEL even with its (reasonable for its size) lifting capacity. I only have an older L130 lawn tractor to compare to, but haven't questioned this 1R purchase at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello,
I have a Kubota BX2380 that is giving me a bit of trouble. It's in the shop now and "hopefully" will get fixed. I know the question I'm going to ask is very subjective but I'm just looking for the wisdom of the community. I don't expect a perfect answer.

I'm thinking of purchasing a new 1025R from the local dealer here. Deere is offering the 0 percent financing (72 months) and the dealer provides a 10 year limited powertrain warranty. The 1025R has a tighter turning radius, the auto connect deck, position control on the 3 point and slighter more lift capacity on the FEL. The Kubota has been a good little tractor until the breakdown.

I think the amount I would need to finance results in a payment of roughly $140/month. Would you make the switch from orange to green for a10 year warranty and some minor tractor upgrades?

I know this is subjective, but I keep waffling back and forth, for and against. What do you think?
Thanks
In life there are, Wants and Needs, we all want something, but do we need something? Your welcome to spend as you see fit , Me, I would wait to find out what, how and why your tractor broke , is it fixed and how long should the repair last? Remember in your on words, you said” it’s been a good little tractor”, that only “has 270 hrs.”.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2019 1023e I have also used my neighbors Kubota BX . As was mentioned before just the forward and reverse pedals is enough for me. However MMM auto connect, FEL and stand IMO are worth it. Not sure about this but I think the one series has larger tires? Either orange or green both have many fans for good reason both are good machines.
Be safe

·
Registered
111 Posts
Having just purchased a new 1025R TLB from a local JD dealer, the zero percent financing is somewhat of a shell game.

I was given one price for paying cash, another for 84 month "zero percent financing" and another for 72 month "zero percent financing." The difference between the 84 month ""zero percent financing" price and the cash price was just under $2000. So zero percent financing for 84 months can be a little pricey. The 72 month price was somewhere between the 84 month price and the cash price.

I found out that they can indeed do zero percent for 48 months at the cash price so that's what I did. First step is negotiating a cash price. I started (and ended up) at 20% off of MSRP for a cash price with something thrown in (in my case it was a mechanical thumb). Once you get their bleeding edge cash price, let them know that you want to finance it for 48 months at zero percent.

That worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

Cheers - Eric

·
Registered
5,033 Posts
I don't really have a relationship with either at the moment. I actually bought the tractor used with 116 hours on it. I've taken it to a dealer who has at least taken the time to talk with me in the past. There is another Kubota dealer here that basically blew me off....never been back to that one.
This is the biggest factor alone. I don't care what color the machine is the dealer support is the bigger part of the already big picture.

Not to say Deere has the best dealers. My local dealer which is about 2 miles away is worthless. I will never go back to them. There is another dealer about 25 miles away that I do all my business with that is great. While that kind of sounds rough and it is a bit more so with covid but it is 2 miles from my office that I never go to anymore. In the past though I was driving by that other dealer every day on the way home from work so it was easy to swing into.

As far as the machine. They each have pros and cons. Being this is a green site we are going to overlook some of the cons of the 1 Series and focus on the pros. Though I will be honest. I would rather been on an orange tractor in the woods during Deere Hunting Season than a Green one... :ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts