Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bit the bullet and bought a micro excavator today. Signed a purchase agreement what seems like a month ago and was told it was a 3 month lead time. Got a call on my birthday July 27 and said it was in but waiting on the buckets. 12", 16", and a 36" grading bucket.

Well the 16" came in so I went and picked it up. I work in very tight areas and lots of utilities are often underground. All in conduits inside the compounds. One of the nice things about the size is it doesn't have the power to yank 2" conduits out of the ground, well let's just say I'd feel it first before any real damage would occur. Yes I know about 811 but they won't locate inside the compounds because they are gated.

I have a much larger e35 that I'm looking into trading for a Bobcat Mt100 for carrying various cabinets and heavy items. I've maybe put 20 hrs on the e35 this year and that was mostly the new property clean up. Just don't use it enough to now justify two mini's.

Motor vehicle Product Building Automotive tire Automotive design

Vehicle Grass Plant Wood Tree

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Everyone should have one.
A BH is better than a shovel
but you don't know what your missing till you get a mini ex.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
Nice! (y)

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
I'm still drooling over the E35. . . thank goodness you're in SC and distance will keep me out of trouble. . . I hope.

·
Premium Member
10,365 Posts
I’d look like a bear on a bicycle on one. Just sayin

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still drooling over the E35. . . thank goodness you're in SC and distance will keep me out of trouble. . . I hope.
Its got bobcats depth check system on it too. Pretty neat if you have to have fall or dead level trench. Only used the system a handful of times.

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good looking machine....I bet it will cut a 2" like warm butter....I recently ran a 35 it was a lot of machine for the package size...
The e35 would definitely pull it out and show it to ya. Nick named it the locator.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I’ve been dreaming of a mini ex. Our JD dealer has some in the lot occasionally from the rental fleet. Think one was a —15 and one was a —35. The 15 was tiny but I figure I could still do a lot with it. The 35 looks like a perfect size.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Nice looking machine. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Outstanding Big! Looks like a perfect tool for your use case! I want one!!!
Good looking machine....I bet it will cut a 2" like warm butter....I recently ran a 35 it was a lot of machine for the package size...
Nice machines! I have an E45 that I use on the farm but would love to have an E10 but the boss would use it to plant me if I brought another piece of equipment home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice looking machine. Congrats!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you don't know what your missing till you get a mini ex.
This is 100 percent true. The joystick controls and ability to do multiple functions at once makes operating one so smooth. Love it.

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
You can dump behind your machine as well as load in to trucks ,buggy or horse drawn wagon.

·
Premium Member
14,471 Posts
Just don't use it enough to now justify two mini's.
One can never have enough mini's.

Congrats on having too many.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts