·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
sweet! enjoy that

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’ve been dreaming of a mini ex. Our JD dealer has some in the lot occasionally from the rental fleet. Think one was a —15 and one was a —35. The 15 was tiny but I figure I could still do a lot with it. The 35 looks like a perfect size.
The 17g is the smallest JD makes. Comes in around 3800 lbs. Very nice machine and really a perfect size for around a small farm.

·
Premium Member
14,528 Posts
This is 100 percent true. The joystick controls and ability to do multiple functions at once makes operating one so smooth. Love it.
You can dump behind your machine as well as load in to trucks ,buggy or horse drawn wagon.
Yada, yada, yada.

You all ought to go kombye-aye with @OxPath

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My wife sometimes tells me jealousy is an emotion that doesn't suit me well. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Bit the bullet and bought a micro excavator today. Signed a purchase agreement what seems like a month ago and was told it was a 3 month lead time. Got a call on my birthday July 27 and said it was in but waiting on the buckets. 12", 16", and a 36" grading bucket.

Well the 16" came in so I went and picked it up. I work in very tight areas and lots of utilities are often underground. All in conduits inside the compounds. One of the nice things about the size is it doesn't have the power to yank 2" conduits out of the ground, well let's just say I'd feel it first before any real damage would occur. Yes I know about 811 but they won't locate inside the compounds because they are gated.

I have a much larger e35 that I'm looking into trading for a Bobcat Mt100 for carrying various cabinets and heavy items. I've maybe put 20 hrs on the e35 this year and that was mostly the new property clean up. Just don't use it enough to now justify two mini's.

View attachment 854258

View attachment 854256
Sweet. I wished I had a dollar for every operator that told me they can feel a buried electric line. Ive done it too and by the time you see or “feel” it, it’s too late. We call them back yard buckets. The tracks suck in and spread out to get through walk thru gates. That’s we used to fix the power lines and underground services that phone and catv contractors and boring crews dug up causing customers outages when the meter was ripped off the houses. I did billing paperwork on property damages and insurance claims for the bills we sent to UG contractors to repair our power lines. Didn’t take too many nicked UG service and damaged primary repairs that the contractors were hand digging with shovels first. Mini exs are amazing technology and time savers. Sometimes they generated more expenses than revenue.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The 17g is the smallest JD makes. Comes in around 3800 lbs. Very nice machine and really a perfect size for around a small farm.
Maybe that’s what it was. The tracks retracted to make it 48 inches wide I believe. It was mini mini for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
The little ones like that 10 will retract to go through a 3-0 door.

·
Premium Member
10,573 Posts
My wife sometimes tells me jealousy is an emotion that doesn't suit me well. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
I’m not jealous or maybe a little but I am chocked full of envy.:) And according to the definition may be a little aroused.🤷‍♀️

en·vy/ˈenvē/

noun

1. a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
46,375 Posts
This is 100 percent true. The joystick controls and ability to do multiple functions at once makes operating one so smooth. Love it.
You really do need to stop writing that stuff. The picture was bad enough. :ROFLMAO:
Nice unit. (y)

·
Premium Member
20,465 Posts
Agree with others Nice Very nice...

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
15,174 Posts
Very nice, Big.....

I would like to see the video of it retracting and going thorough a 3'-0 door......

I am a little concerned about Herminator being aroused by it, but as they say "different strokes for different folks". Got to be careful about getting to excited as it might make getting it retracted and through a 3'-0 door that much harder.............. ;) (y)

·
Registered
9,562 Posts
I’m not jealous or maybe a little but I am chocked full of envy.:) And according to the definition may be a little aroused.🤷‍♀️

en·vy/ˈenvē/

noun

1. a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

Add me to the list, lol.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Bit the bullet and bought a micro excavator today. Signed a purchase agreement what seems like a month ago and was told it was a 3 month lead time. Got a call on my birthday July 27 and said it was in but waiting on the buckets. 12", 16", and a 36" grading bucket.

Well the 16" came in so I went and picked it up. I work in very tight areas and lots of utilities are often underground. All in conduits inside the compounds. One of the nice things about the size is it doesn't have the power to yank 2" conduits out of the ground, well let's just say I'd feel it first before any real damage would occur. Yes I know about 811 but they won't locate inside the compounds because they are gated.

I have a much larger e35 that I'm looking into trading for a Bobcat Mt100 for carrying various cabinets and heavy items. I've maybe put 20 hrs on the e35 this year and that was mostly the new property clean up. Just don't use it enough to now justify two mini's.

View attachment 854258

View attachment 854256
Awesome!
We had the Cat version of that a few years ago. Made to go through a door, then tracks would slide out about 6” on each side. Used it to dig for electrical under gas coolers and what not.

Land vehicle Vehicle Nature Sky Asphalt

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
46,375 Posts
Awesome!
We had the Cat version of that a few years ago. Made to go through a door, then tracks would slide out about 6” on each side. Used it to dig for electrical under gas coolers and what not.

View attachment 854326
THAT IS A GREAT PICTURE. (y)

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
THAT IS A GREAT PICTURE. (y)
It made me chuckle a bit.

The rops on that micro cat and kubota are the same. In front, whereas the bobcat is in the rear. One of only a couple reasons why I went with the bobcat.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I would like to see the video of it retracting and going thorough a 3'-0 door......
I'll try tomorrow through my man door on my shop.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I had some spare time this evening for playing with my mini. Ahem excavator.

Here ya go @SulleyBear. Had very little to spare but I could have gone through all the way. After I folded the rops of course.

Automotive tire Gas pump Motor vehicle Building Automotive design

Automotive tire Wood Water Gas Road surface

Automotive tire Wood Stairs Road surface Flooring

Flooring Floor Wood Gas Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Wood Engineering

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
How’s your back feel now from contorting to climb off and take that picture?

21 - 40 of 46 Posts