Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my x595 and decided on 1026r. I debated along time and read many of the forums on here and elswhere. Thank you all for the great information you shared. I got prices on x748, 1023e, and 1026r and seriously considered all of them with wach having pros and cons. Ended up with 1026r with h120 loader and 54" quick attach deck, front quick tach, front pto, and lift stop for snowblower. I had 54" on 595 and really liked the size of that deck when mowing my lawn at home (so tight mowing spots) so decided to stay with that. The biggest surprise for me was how spendy it got for quick tach and lift stop for snowblower, I guess they pretty much gotcha and that stuff. Look forward to the day it arrives, dealer hasn't notified me yet with lead time till I get it. Hope I made the right decesion for the $ spent!!

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtt:and congratulations on your new machine.

Hope I made the right decesion for the $ spent!!
The 1026R is a fine redesign of an outstanding piece of equipment (2305).
You definitely made a great choice!:thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Corndog Hater
11,115 Posts
Congrats, I got my 1026R yesterday and am very impressed with it. I traded an X728, so we are in similar situations. I went with the 60"MMM as we have lots of wide open spaces. I too am transferring my blower over to the 1026R and I hear you loud and clear about the spendy front attaching parts. That was my single biggest complaint about trading. Much to my surprise, when everything was delivered yesterday, those parts were not plated in gold!:lol: Hopefully your wait isn't too long, I only had to wait about 2-3 weeks.:good2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats!! I too looked at the 1026R and was impressed with what I saw! You have one fine rig on the way! Can't wait to see your pics :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Picked up my 1026r today, my deck and front quick tatch for snowblower, ballast box and quick hitch were not in yet but want to do some tilling and dirt work this weekend before ground freezes so I picked it. Mounted tiller on and am ready to go. Can't wait to see what she can do!!

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,115 Posts
Looks great. Please share your thoughts on how the 1026r handles the tiller.:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice tractor! But... I'm hoping your rops is down because you are preparing to enter your garage.

On another forum a fellow rolled his 2320 down a slope whilst mowing. (Not sure if he also posted here). He came out mostly unhurt due to his rops being up and seatbelt being on. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12 Posts
R4 tires

Nice unit, seems like everyone is going with the R4's. I am going to order my 1026R next week and I am wondering if there has been any issues with them ripping up the lawn? thanks

·
Corndog Hater
11,115 Posts
I found that the turfs and HDAPs fill right up with grass clippings and or mud so I went with the R4s. I too was worried about the lawn. When it is real soft, they will leave a bit of an imprint, but no tearing (at least for me). Truthfully our lawn around the house is well drained and I anticipate zero issues. The back yard stays a bit softer, but the up close condition isn't a worry for us as long as it looks good from a distance, we're cool. When I used the middlebuster in the garden, the tires got some mud in them. They cleaned themselves out on the way back to the barn...the turfs wouldn't have done that. And I figured Mrs. CP would comment on the tires, "Too rough looking". She hasn't made a peep about them. :good2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
R4 or Turfs

I had the turf tires on my 750 and they do great in grass with the 4 x 4, but if you are going to do any other type of work with the 1026R you will want the R4s. The 1026R is a little lighter in weight and I think it will do better with the R4 tires, especially if you use it for anything other than mowing. I have the R4 tires on my 1026R and have not had any issues with the R4 tires cutting up the yard, although I will tell you that they will imprint slightly when going around tight turns like your natural areas or trees. But not enough for me to say I wish I had the other tires. I think the R4 tires or a perfect fit for someone wanting to use the 1026R for mowing, yardwork and gardening. Have I said how much I love this tractor.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I put my first 4 hrs on 1026r this weekend moving dirt, tilling and seeding grass. Very impressed to say the least with this machine. One thing I did notice in comparison to my x595 is when u let off the foot pedal on x595 the mower would stop fairly quickly with very little free travel. On the 1026 r the tractor seemed to free roll a lot further, not sure if this is how machine is suppose to be or him there is some type of adjustment? Didn't seem to matter if I was in high or low range. Also noticed when i had 3pt raised and was not using it sometimes u would hear a vibration noise in hydralic system. If you raised or lowered 3pt it would go away and then would come back again.

·
Corndog Hater
11,115 Posts
Glad you were able to work your 1026R! The pedal response on mine is the opposite...you let off the pedal and it comes to an IMMEDIATE stop. As to the vibration.....?:unknown:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I put my first 4 hrs on 1026r this weekend moving dirt, tilling and seeding grass. Very impressed to say the least with this machine. One thing I did notice in comparison to my x595 is when u let off the foot pedal on x595 the mower would stop fairly quickly with very little free travel. On the 1026 r the tractor seemed to free roll a lot further, not sure if this is how machine is suppose to be or him there is some type of adjustment? Didn't seem to matter if I was in high or low range. Also noticed when i had 3pt raised and was not using it sometimes u would hear a vibration noise in hydralic system. If you raised or lowered 3pt it would go away and then would come back again.
I happen to have two of the 1026R's at my house right now and they are both under 50 hours old. As set up from delivery, one stops immediately...almost too quick and the other is quite gentle. Further investigation revealed this is adjustable to your preferences and I have them both setup the same.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I happen to have two of the 1026R's at my house right now and they are both under 50 hours old. As set up from delivery, one stops immediately...almost too quick and the other is quite gentle. Further investigation revealed this is adjustable to your preferences and I have them both setup the same.
Update and correction on this issue......

The linkage back to the torsional damper provides numerous locations to increase/decrease friction to fine tune the dampening effect coming off the pedals. However, I found that one of my units (51 hours) has actually failed the torsional damper and its providing zero resistance now. Have a replacement damper assembly coming...warranty of course!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the update, I just took tractor back to dealership to have them put on front pto and quick hitch for snowblower. I told them about my issue with tractor free rolling after letting off pedal. Problem was worse when operating in cold temps. They said they would look into it, will let u know what they find out. Man I sure love this tractor though!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts