Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 1026R today, they drop it off Thursday....1026R, H120 loader, 54D mower and 3 pt hitch setup.... 0% interest so no brainer.

Just have to give up my Starbucks addiction for 4 years and it payed for...

Can't wait to use....

Donald Ethredge
Houston, TX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
53 Posts
:wgtt:

Congrats! Your going to love it! I've only put ~10 hours on mine so far but they have been the best 10 hours I've spent working in my yard! Make sure you get plenty of pictures once it arrives.

...and good luck with your addiction because I think you'll be adding another one once your tractor arrives. :lol:

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

:wgtt:

Congrats on the new tractor!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome to the board.

And major congrats on a fine tractor. When you do get it and start using it, you will be amazed at what you find needs to be done, just so you can extend the seat time. I have finished most all of the major jobs I had intended for mine, but every time I finish one, on the drive to park it, I see another. Then that job gets done in a matter of minutes. Then, you guessed it, i find another that gets done. Very capable tractor for the size.
:good2:

May you have many hours with your new green brute.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Hey gresults, you will love the 1026R for sure, congratulations on your purchase. :thumbup1gif: I certainly am no expert on tractors, in fact I never operated a FEL before getting my 1026R, but in 10 days since I received mine I have well over 16 hours on her and have done so much in the yard already. And like was said earlier, the more you do the more you find to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and ordered the NorTrac Three Point Quick Hitch is there anything I should know about it.. Looked to be about the same as the iMatch setup.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congratulations! I pick mine up on Thursday too! I'll be interested in hearing your first impressions.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Congratulations! I pick mine up on Thursday too! I'll be interested in hearing your first impressions.
Congrats on the new iron guys!! and we need pics for proof:nunu::laugh:

Btw.....troutsniffer....my wife would kill me if she saw me using that username....:lol:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called dealer today looking to add Frontier Box Blade and was told they had push backed delivery to Friday....:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it did show up today, The person who delivered it did not know anything about anything so having to learn on my own, I did have one question since I did not get a mower deck manual when in raised position how high should bottom of mower be off ground.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
When raised and in the lock position it should be around 4 1/2" or so. Take a look at the 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread located at the top of the sub compacts section. :good2: This has some great info there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for info, I have went over the referred to post and now really confused. I did get all my manuals now and hope to play around Sunday and see if I can figure out what the issue is. I did discover that since I have the mechanical lift it appears I really should have nothing attached to the 3pt hitch, is this correct I was thinking maybe this could be causing the issue which is not allowing the deck to raise to the top Postion. Another theory is that whomever put the deck on might have not have completed the final steps as outlined in the mechanical lift kit installation which means they might have not placed the rockshaft in the right place so the range of motion is not complete.

Since at the moment I have very little difference in cutting height from the lowest to the high...

·
Administrator
20,681 Posts
It sounds to me that your mower needs to be correctly set-up as outlined in the manuals and the 1 series mower setup and adjustment thread. It sounds as though the maximum lift was not adjusted properly or at all. If you want to save some time and have the ability, you can do it yourself. It's not hard and we're here to answer any questions you might have. Or you could involve your dealer. They need to know it's not right anyway. If they do the set-up correctly, maybe the next new 1 series owner will get their new tractor set-up correctly as well.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts