Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new to the tractor world last year, I did not purchase a FEL with my 1025 in September. I am now seeing the what a big mistake that was.

Anyway, I am looking to purchase a FEL (probably from Mutton Power) sometime this year. From what I can tell, I just need to install the large brackets that extend from the center of the tractor.

Has anyone done it this way? Have you installed a new loader on a 1025R that did not have a loader before? Is it as easy as I think it is? Also, do the brackets that attach to the tractor come with the FEL when I purchase the FEL?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
Installing a loader is very easy. You'll need some threadlocker and a torque wrench to do the job correctly. The loader does come with installation instructions, but they aren't as straightforward to read and understand at times. Luckily the job is pretty easy to do.

Here's where Blake and I installed the loader on my 2720. It's not the same install, but it gives you an idea of what you're up against. It's very similar. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I also bought the loader after buying my 1025R and installed it myself. The installation instructions did not come with it, only operator instructions. I had to get the instructions from the dealer to find out the bolt torque settings. They are very high, well above the 150# torque wrench I had. The rest of the installation is very straight forward. Just watch which bolts go where when attaching the mounting brackets to the frame.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Enjoy your FEL, having one on this machine makes things a whole new world. For some inexpensive added performance I highly recommend Ken's Bolt on hooks, I use mine quite frequently. Please don't forget to invest in some form of ballast. You wouldn't believe how well these little tractors work with the FEL and a proper counterweight.

·
Registered
583 Posts
So, how does one unload the loader without a loader and Artillian forks?:dunno:......Makes my back hurt just thinking about it.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,286 Posts
So, how does one unload the loader without a loader and Artillian forks?:dunno:......Makes my back hurt just thinking about it.
Mules. :lolol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Installing a loader is very easy. You'll need some threadlocker and a torque wrench to do the job correctly. The loader does come with installation instructions, but they aren't as straightforward to read and understand at times. Luckily the job is pretty easy to do.

Here's where Blake and I installed the loader on my 2720. It's not the same install, but it gives you an idea of what you're up against. It's very similar. :thumbup1gif:
Much appreciated, Diesel.

Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enjoy your FEL, having one on this machine makes things a whole new world. For some inexpensive added performance I highly recommend Ken's Bolt on hooks, I use mine quite frequently. Please don't forget to invest in some form of ballast. You wouldn't believe how well these little tractors work with the FEL and a proper counterweight.
I'm sure I'll be all about the add-ons once I get it installed! :good2:

As far as ballast, I have Heavy Hitch's 3 Point weight rack in the back. It is completely outfitted with eight 42-pound tractor weights. I use the extra weight for clearing snow. This should be good, right?

Thanks, again.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha....probably the same way I did with the Protero PV18 - had the dude lower it on the ground and dragged the pallet to the shop.

I euthanized all the mules once I got this tractor. :laugh:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahaha....probably the same way I did with the Protero PV18 - had the dude lower it on the ground and dragged the pallet to the shop.

I euthanized all the mules once I got this tractor. :laugh:
Sorry, this was for Levi and Brians2032R.

·
Registered
23,309 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts