Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I have a rubber strap that came with the 3pt hitch box, all black with hooks at the ends. I don't know why I can remember the correct name but it's killing me. but not more than me finding out why. I thought it was to secure the top link but it already has a hook I installed so I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
View attachment 301418
Looks like this

If you have to drive your tractor on the road to access another part of your property. Someone will eventually be tailgating you flashing lights and blowing the horn. Even though you're displaying your orange triangle and waving them around. Then you throw that in the road so they get a flat tire.

Just kidding. LOL
I really have no idea. The one I have is used to hold up the mower deck deflector when in tight quarters.

·
Registered
740 Posts
We always used something like that to keep the lower arms of the 3-pt from flopping around when we were only using the drawbar.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,787 Posts
We always used something like that to keep the lower arms of the 3-pt from flopping around when we were only using the drawbar.
I do believe that's what it's for.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yup. Had it on mine until I installed the IMatch.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I have been using hydraulic center links on my tractors for several years. When I used the standard hand adjustable center links, several of them had a loop attached to them. I hooked one end of the rubber strap to the loop on the center link & the other end to a hole in one of the 3 point arms. By doing this, I did not have to tighten or loosen the lock nut when I needed to adjust the center link.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Bunge cord.Some 3pt arms will flop and hit the tires or just the annoying metal clanking of the arms swinging back and forth.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Used during shipping to keep lower arms from bouncing around. Some dealers take off most leave on.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
View attachment 301418
Looks like this

If it's this I don't know why they shipped it but I use it to hook from one adjustment for the lower arms to the other so they can't come unadjusted while in use. Same idea that was mentioned for the center link.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
It's to keep lower arms from flopping into tires, hook them together when you have nothing on the hitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't get this as I've never had nothing on the 3PH. If nothing else I have a draw bar on it.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yep , both of mine came with it , just to keep arms from flailing around .:bigbeer:

Reactions: Drifterbike

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Around here commonly referred to as a "tarp strap", as that was the main use back before roll tarps took over.

Yeah, for you, like stated, prob to keep the lower arms from bouncing around so much.
They can be used for a multitude of things and most everyone I know that actually works on stuff has a variety of them laying about their shops.

·
Premium Member
2,745 Posts
Around here commonly referred to as a "tarp strap", as that was the main use back before roll tarps took over.

Yeah, for you, like stated, prob to keep the lower arms from bouncing around so much.
They can be used for a multitude of things and most everyone I know that actually works on stuff has a variety of them laying about their shops.
I use them to tighten up my chains on my 420 Now my sons:good2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts