Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to gain control of all this electonic junk spread around in this corner, arrainge the wiring in a saner fashion... AND have everything on a castored movable rack. My monitor is on an "elbow" swing mount above the desk for free desk space, it's great...

Where does one learn about sensible layout, assembling "racks" and get the components (I really hate to have to go buy Wally's gray steel shelving for this one!:laugh:)

Components:
PC tower (fairly big HP "media center")
Cable modem
Wireless router
Sound system (rarely used) speakers + sub-woofer
Rather large external backup drive
UPC
All in one printer
Maybe some extra storage for paper, etc.

I'm open to any suggestions except "laptop".:laugh:

Thanks!:good2:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
How tall is the PC? I have used audio racks for years for computer equipment. Anything that is not rack mount I use rack-trays. A standard audio rack is 19" wide.

I'll get a pic of one for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is one computer rack I'v had.

View attachment 26469
Thanks!! My PC is 15" high and the tallest piece of the entire package. This is going to be a "get it all together and take it apart on a rainy day" (or weekend:laugh:) project. I'll check out the audio racks.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From looking around and reading I see that what I really need is a movable "shelf system" and not a "rack" at all. I want to get rid of this corner space filling angle desk and go "mobile" all on one unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts