Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been putting off putting my building on a slab for years, and this fall it's going to be done! I hope! I build it back in 2004 and at the time just didn't have the money to put it on a slab. I had the lumber all sawed out and stuck for a couple years and needed to get going so a wood floor it was. 2X8 rough floor joist etc. Long story short. She's sinking! So last fall I had three loads of gravel hauled in levelled and now today I started building up and tamping the required grade needed to pour a slab? I am moving it a bit too as it's to close to the pool etc. Here is a couple pics. Stay tuned and I will post a couple here and there as I go. I am hoping to add a couple courses of block also to raise the height of the building. That means a new door but forgetting to lower the rops twice has made this nessary. Oh did I mention my 1025r has made this possible... What an asset to have the machine :good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Nice Bomag too!

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
:munch::munch:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very interested in this thread. Considering doing this for my 8x16 before I add a 4x16 addition to it. Good luck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Your foundation pad is shaping up nicely!

I am however very curious as to the methods you have planned to move your building. If you pour your slab and add just say 3 courses of block to gain 2' in height, are you leaving out pockets in the block walls for temporary steel beams and rollers to slide the building over and onto the new foundation? I ask as there are a lot of variables to consider such as the reinforcement and thickness of the slab at the beam pockets, point loading the slab may not end up well. Are you going to bring in a crane and pick? Building Mover: as in jack up the building slide some carry beams under and then lower it on a trailer and then re position on your new foundation and jack it back down?

This is going to be a very cool project, I'm very interested in how its accomplished.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I hope to have a truck crane lift it and set on the new foundation. I have seen what this local truck crane will lift building size compared to mine so that is what I am hoping to do. To move it closer my neighbor has some train track to slide it on. The excavator should pull it into place. Wish me luck I might need it. Lol

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
:munch:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
I hope to have a truck crane lift it and set on the new foundation. I have seen what this local truck crane will lift building size compared to mine so that is what I am hoping to do. To move it closer my neighbor has some train track to slide it on. The excavator should pull it into place. Wish me luck I might need it. Lol
Just a trick you might want to know. If you're sliding it on the train track put some dawn or some kind of dish soap on it to make it slick and very easy to slide. One man could probably slide it that way. My uncle would do this when setting up double wide mobile homes. He was a one man operation. He used steel I-beams to bring the two halves together.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well things are moving slow but moving! Got the two bottom rows of siding off, two bottom rows of boards off and jacked up off the floor an inch. More jacking to do and also got the eves trough off as it probably will be in the way of the lifting straps. Cleaning the barn out was fun. I loaded everything in apple bins and took to the neighbor's. They were heavy but the tractor could lift them rounded up with you name it! Here is a pic of a mod I did to the backhoe bucket. I didn't want the teeth digging into the tamped gravel any deeper then what I wanted so I drilled 6 holes in this piece of steel and sharpened it a bit and it works great! I can't tell you how happy I am to have this little tractor and backhoe to help with this project. :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pre-pour inspection done. Coming along.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,130 Posts

·
Registered
11,759 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got a slab as of today. And maybe the blocks to follow tomorrow weather permitting. I'm going to raise it up. Sick and tired of putting the roll bar up and down as well I had two boo boos not putting it down. So it's more money but worth it in the end. More to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,432 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts
Looking good! Love the back drop. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the block done today. Slow going waiting for people but it's coming along. Tractor came in handy to clean up what was left over.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
looking good so far. sometimes the good things take longer!:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts