Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still need to run the Steel Frame up and around the 2' x 4' ABS Sheet then take them off to paint the steel part. Hard part is done now need to weld the top rails to the side sections and dress up the works. I used the scale when I lifted it. 779 lbs but add in the side ABS Sheets and Nose Stuff welded on easy 800 Plus lbs. Guess if I need extra traction I can lift the Blower up a inch and put the weight on the tractors 3 point hitch. The ABS Sheet has the lower part with 14" high plate steel behind it. The Steel Upright Ends will support the Top Rails and be strong to cut snow when needed. So more work but real close now to being done. I can weld stuff held in a vice and just bolt it on the plow. The snow will slide right off the side panels driving forward. It is over 7 ft wide so a nice path to start with going in and blowing it out both sides wider on the 2nd and 3rd passes to finish. DSCF1141.JPG DSCF1148.JPG DSCF1147.JPG DSCF1145.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Picked up more Steel

Guess I can finish it today I picked up the rest of the 60 lbs of steel for the ABS Frames on the sides. It will bring the total weight up to 850 lbs which is more then some smaller tractors. No picking up one end and moving it around. I will post a report as it goes. More pictures tonight.

I just took these pictures of it with the frames finished. Last thing to do on the steel is a 3" x 82" x 3/16" steel angle iron on the wide rear end. It will bolt to the outsides and the center area for more strength to push snow sideways. On the front I will tie the other ends into the blower frame. Boy I had to drill some holes today for bolts! Next thing is to bolt that cross brace on then hook the works up to the Quick Hitch for a PTO Shaft Travel test. DSCF1149.JPG DSCF1150.JPG DSCF1151.JPG DSCF1152.JPG

·
Administrator
17,316 Posts
Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture here, but is this to make it some type of reverse V-Plow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts