Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a 2018 3032e with 27 hours. Now has 90. I am very concerned about the 3pt hitch operation. The lever working the operation is EXTREMELY hard to operate. Almost like it is WAY to tight..
I am use to my orange BX 2200 with an extremely easy to use an adjust 3pt hitch. If I move leaver to raise it I have to quickly tap lever to make it stop from raising all the way. I am very confused and apologize for not knowing correct terminology. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looked in the manual and it isn't the drop control valve under the seat (which has to be adjusted with a pair of pliers for leverage).? Am I just ignorant of how it is supposed to work? Don't mind it all if you tell me I am, just want issue fixed. New to JD tractors 馃殰 and love it otherwise!!!!
Old! Air Force country boy.

Super Moderator
The 3pt control lever shouldn't be that hard to move. And the rate of drop control shouldn't require pliers either.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently acquired a 2018 3032e with 27 hours. Now has 90. I am very concerned about the 3pt hitch operation. The lever working the operation is EXTREMELY hard to operate. Almost like it is WAY to tight..
I am use to my orange BX 2200 with an extremely easy to use an adjust 3pt hitch. If I move leaver to raise it I have to quickly tap lever to make it stop from raising all the way. I am very confused and apologize for not knowing correct terminology. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looked in the manual and it isn't the drop control valve under the seat (which has to be adjusted with a pair of pliers for leverage).? Am I just ignorant of how it is supposed to work? Don't mind it all if you tell me I am, just want issue fixed. New to JD tractors 馃殰 and love it otherwise!!!!
Old! Air Force country boy.
Didn't think so but didn't know if this 68 year old fart was crazy. Tractor is "as new" and has never been abused in its short life. Guess I will just have to take it to my local JD dealer and hope it is an easy fix. Thanks for easing my mind!!!

Registered
2021 3039R cab edition
Search 鈥淧lay in 3R joy stick鈥. He corrected the problem and has a picture of the nut he loosened behind the right rear wheel. I did this fix and helped tremendously. I also had a very tight three point lever.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Search 鈥淧lay in 3R joy stick鈥. He corrected the problem and has a picture of the nut he loosened behind the right rear wheel. I did this fix and helped tremendously. I also had a very tight three point lever.
I will do that tomorrow and when. Will lyk and open to any other suggestions! New to this forum so you will have to forgive my lack of knowledge 馃檮

Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
I haven't tried loosening the nut - which might be the best solution, but for many years when the 3 pt lever gets stiff on my 4610, I just spray that lever/shaft area with Fluid Film, and it starts working smoothly with little resistance again for a good while.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't tried loosening the nut - which might be the best solution, but for many years when the 3 pt lever gets stiff on my 4610, I just spray that lever/shaft area with Fluid Film, and it starts working smoothly with little resistance again for a good while.
I have tried lubricant such as WD 40 but it hsd 0 impact. I was hoping it was just a tight, unused problem. How after putting over 50 hours on it myself and attempting to use it with box blade or anything else it still remains tight as hell for this old timer. Sometimes isn't right. All input would be greatly appreciated and if we can collectively solve the issue without a trip to the mothership I will post the solution in caps! To good a tractor to irrate a new JD owner so much. Just hope it is my ignorance!!!!!

Registered
I have tried lubricant such as WD 40 but it hsd 0 impact. I was hoping it was just a tight, unused problem. How after putting over 50 hours on it myself and attempting to use it with box blade or anything else it still remains tight as hell for this old timer. Sometimes isn't right. All input would be greatly appreciated and if we can collectively solve the issue without a trip to the mothership I will post the solution in caps! To good a tractor to irrate a new JD owner so much. Just hope it is my ignorance!!!!!
Yeah, in my opinion, WD 40 is more of a cleaner or penetrant than a lubricant.

I know exactly what you mean. My 4610 just gets stiffer and stiffer with use until I can't stand it any longer and then I spray on the Fluid Film and it is back to being a pleasure to use.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just to be clear after reading the response about the nut; my joystick operation is great. Problem is with the 3pt hitch operation and the depth control lever.

Registered
Just to be clear after reading the response about the nut; my joystick operation is great. Problem is with the 3pt hitch operation and the depth control lever.
Yes, I was talking about the 3 pt control lever. I spray FF on the circled area on the right side of the rockshaft where the control lever attaches and rotates on the shaft.

Map Slope Parallel Font Urban design

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I was talking about the 3 pt control lever. I spray FF on the circled area on the right side of the rockshaft where the control lever attaches and rotates on the shaft.

View attachment 811480

View attachment 811480
Thanks for the diagram,will Definitely try it!

Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
WD40 is good for getting some stains out (like getting tar off of auto floor mats, etc) and also displacing water in some electrical connections, but its really inadequate as a true lubricant. Fluid Film is good as are specialty lubricants like this one, I use on all metal lubrication points as it doesn't attract dirt and it lasts. It's also good on garage door track wheels, openers and door pivots, etc....

Registered
The thread describes the adjustment for the three-point lever that's accessible while adjusting the joystick:

"My 3pt lever (rockshaft control lever) was really hard to move, the spec in the TM is 6 to 8 lbs. I bought a digital fish scale and was getting 20 to 24 lbs when moving the lever. There is a nut you can loosen or tighten to change the friction on the lever. I was able to get it to 8 to 10 lbs and can now use one hand to move the 3 pt."

Registered
That sounds like my problem. Do you happen to know the part number of the nut so I can look it up on a schematic?
You might want to click the link I provided. I quoted text from that link. That's why there are quotation marks around it.

If you click the link and begin reading from the top, you'll eventually get to a photograph you can blow up. You have to click the link and read.

Registered
WD40 is good for getting some stains out (like getting tar off of auto floor mats, etc) and also displacing water in some electrical connections, but its really inadequate as a true lubricant. Fluid Film is good as are specialty lubricants like this one, I use on all metal lubrication points as it doesn't attract dirt and it lasts. It's also good on garage door track wheels, openers and door pivots, etc....

WD-40 is essentially fish oil. Not long ago, people competing in salt-water fishing tournaments would spray it on their lures to catch more fish. Remember, the sport is called "fishing" and not "catching"! Not too many years ago, the International Game Fishing Association (IGFA), banned the use of WD-40 in tournaments.

WD-40 has it's place, but in a lubrication critical situation, I would not rely on it exclusively,

Brian

Registered
@JPDLTC Look at where the box end of the wrench is. This is on a 3R cab so a 3E open station will be different. On a 3R this is where the end of the 3pt cable is, you should have a nut on the end of your 3pt lever. Lube it first and if that doesn't help loosen it a little bit at a time & try it.
Automotive tire Green Motor vehicle Vehicle Wood

Registered
I have the opposite 'problem' My 3pt lever is very very easy to move (or bump and unintentionally move).
Would this 'nut' you speak of let me put a little more tension on the lever?
Maybe I shouldn't worry about it.

Also, I believe my 3pt arms are aftermarket. when I lower them all the way they (just) touch the ground . Is there an easy way to limit the downward travel? This is not big problem for me, just if there is a simple stop I can mover or something that would be nice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.