Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
JD 455, 4610, 4052R, and 6120E
I haven't tried loosening the nut - which might be the best solution, but for many years when the 3 pt lever gets stiff on my 4610, I just spray that lever/shaft area with Fluid Film, and it starts working smoothly with little resistance again for a good while.

Registered
I have tried lubricant such as WD 40 but it hsd 0 impact. I was hoping it was just a tight, unused problem. How after putting over 50 hours on it myself and attempting to use it with box blade or anything else it still remains tight as hell for this old timer. Sometimes isn't right. All input would be greatly appreciated and if we can collectively solve the issue without a trip to the mothership I will post the solution in caps! To good a tractor to irrate a new JD owner so much. Just hope it is my ignorance!!!!!
Yeah, in my opinion, WD 40 is more of a cleaner or penetrant than a lubricant.

I know exactly what you mean. My 4610 just gets stiffer and stiffer with use until I can't stand it any longer and then I spray on the Fluid Film and it is back to being a pleasure to use.

Registered
Just to be clear after reading the response about the nut; my joystick operation is great. Problem is with the 3pt hitch operation and the depth control lever.
Yes, I was talking about the 3 pt control lever. I spray FF on the circled area on the right side of the rockshaft where the control lever attaches and rotates on the shaft.

Map Slope Parallel Font Urban design

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.