Green Tractor Talk banner

Question about 44 inch snowblower 7001M

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  fastlaners 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone confirm that a 44 inch Deere model 7001M snowblower will fit on a 2018 X590 using the standard front hitch.

The 47 inch blower has a model number of 7002M. I'm assuming the difference is only width of blower but all other elements being the same. I'm looking at a used 44 inch one with hitch and suitcase weights for a very nice price. By account of the photo it looks like a clean fit. The owner was running it on an X300 tractor.

Yellow Asphalt Soil Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Outdoor power equipment Tool Machine

See less See more
#6 ·
I think JD completely changed the lift setup on the 500 series. Setup in the picture looks exactly like my 2014 X540 stuff. Mine had a jack shaft installed to move that rod.

#8 ·
I too am thinking of purchasing a X580 or X590 and being used on smaller property I’d want a 48” acel fab. deck and 7007M 44-in. (112-cm) Snow Blower ; l’d like to order this at time of purchase and be sure it will hook up and operate properly; on another post concerning this a person posted that the dealer would say it wouldn’t fit ; but I should order it anyways is this true any help would be appreciated also I’m torn on 580 versus 590 pros and cons thanks again John

#9 ·
John Deere has always been very good about telling the customers what fits their machines and what extra parts or kits are needed to make the unit work. The blowers for the x340 will ONLY fit the x570 machine and not the x580 or the x590. The front hitches are different on the x570 and the x590 machines, which means there are other differences as well.

If the part fits with the use of additional kits, the parts book always shows it and identifes the parts kits needed. Such is not the case with these machines.

This time of year, we are flooded with the following type of posts;

"'I have an x5xx machine. I found a really great deal on a snow blower for an x3xx machine. The part numbers are different, the blower came from a different machine than what I have and the person selling the blower tells me that "they think it will fit my tractor". What should I do?"

Here are the steps;

1. Look up your model tractor in the John Deere parts book. The link is here.....

2. Input your model machine, doesn't matter if its a new machine or older machine, they are all in there.

3. Open up the listing for your machine.

4. Go to the bottom of the listing page and look at the implements offered for YOUR machine.

5. Click on the type of implement you are trying to see if it fits.

6. Look to see if the model number or serial number of parts which DO fit your machine are the same as the parts you are considering purchasing. If the parts which fit your machine are the same as the parts you are buying, then take a few extra steps to make sure.

7. Do a general internet search of the model number of the implement which you are considering buying. Every implement has a tag on them with a bar code and model number, even the stuff from 30 plus years ago.

8. Search the model number and see what units it fits.

9. If the multiple sources of information show that it fits your machine, then you are good to go.

10, If the multiple sources of information do NOT show it fits your machine, you have two choices;

A.- Become McGuyver and using paper clips, rubber bands and duct tape, build a nuclear weapon and save the world.

B.- Buy the unit which fits your machine............

Can something be "modified to fit" your machine? There are very few people who possess the skills, knowledge, machinery, tools and materials to properly modify something. Perhaps you are that person. Chances are if you were, you wouldn't be asking the question and would simply be fabricating.

Truth is, it's rarely financially feasible to pay someone else to modify something to fit because its such a great deal, verses simply buying the unit designed and built to fit your machine.

Best wishes and let us know how it turns out.......With photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.