Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any manufacturers who make a 60 back blade that is reinforced? I have a frontier RB2060 on a 06 2520 that has "tweaked" after being used for pushing loose dirt and pushing snow at slow speeds. I'm not happy with the build quality of the blade and am looking for a better built blade.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Is there any manufacturers who make a 60 back blade that is reinforced? I have a frontier RB2060 on a 06 2520 that has "tweaked" after being used for pushing loose dirt and pushing snow at slow speeds. I'm not happy with the build quality of the blade and am looking for a better built blade.

Tweaked, as in twisted and warped? Or dented?

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
i can't figure why Frontier's implements are going bad. ur like a line that has bad luck with them.

u got a pic of damage?

if i was to buy again-my pick would be for EA-everything attachments. but beware there good stuff kinda has a sticker shock to it.:lol: but i believe they build very good implements.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I really like the ea stuff, and actually cheaper than frontier stuff.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Sorry, I do not understand what you are trying to say there

well i was trying to say ur not alone with ur Frontier implement breaking. another fella had his rake bend up too.

i have had mine since 2006, and i wore the first set of tines out on my rake, but the back blade has been a-ok so far.

Reactions: PJR832 and 1MOA

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was saying the ea is cheaper. About $100 from the quote I got on a rb2072 vs the ea 72” 6 way blade. That’s before shipping though.
And the ea has more options
Their web page says free shipping with in 1000 miles. Im in VA and they are NC so that is good

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
Can you post a photo of your blade? The first blade I ever bought was an open frame style and it bent up like a pretzel during the first season with the old Ford 9N. It had a frame like shown below. I don't recommend blades which have frames constructed like this.

blade1.jpg

We were in the middle of a nasty winter and I needed a new blade fast. As luck would have it, there was a place nearby with a blade in stock and it happened be a Land Pride RB1572. Prior to that I had never heard of Land Pride.

blade2.jpg

I used and abused that blade on the 9N for 15 years until giving it to my brother on permanent loan. There were times when the end of the blade would catch on a rock or edge and cause the whole tractor to pitch sideways. Never once did it tweek or bend.

I currently have a RB1660 with hydraulic angle on my 2720 and it is built just as heavy.

blade3.jpg

There are certainly other brand blades besides Land Pride that are built heavy. As long as you stick with something that has a solid arm and solid vertical support section you shouldn't have to worry about anything bending. In fact, you will probably damage your 3PH before this design will bend.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Their web page says free shipping with in 1000 miles. Im in VA and they are NC so that is good
Yeah, I'm in ND, so a *bit* outside of their circle...

Dad has a JD 65 blade sitting at the farm. It's a 7' with Cat II pins. Pretty sure I'm just going to modify that to a Cat I hitch and use it.
I know I'll never be able to tweak it with a 25 hp tractor! :laugh:

Reactions: ColonyPark

·
Registered
722 Posts
Frontier makes a light duty and a heavy duty blade, at least that was a choice when I bought my 72" blade. I spent the extra bucks for the heavy boy, just looking at the two blades I could easily see a big difference. Really pleased with the weight and quality.

Reactions: ColonyPark and 1MOA

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Frontier makes a light duty and a heavy duty blade, at least that was a choice when I bought my 72" blade. I spent the extra bucks for the heavy boy, just looking at the two blades I could easily see a big difference. Really pleased with the weight and quality.
Yes it looks like they have 3 lines of back blades standard, med and heavy in the 2018 catalog. I think I'm sold on the EA implements I spoke to them this AM and they have some nice customer service.
John Deere

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Where you at in VA, 1moa? I run a RB2072 that was built this year on a 38hp tractor. I built a road through my woods this fall, tearing out roots and big rocks, and all kinds of other garbage. My blade held up well. Still straight and still on the tractor, I figured that must be good. I think it’s like anything else, sometimes you can get a lemon, sometimes you get a really good one. Luck of the draw.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Many of the blade manufacturers have different "grades" of blades in the sizes, maybe you got a light duty blade and Frontier offers a heavier version. That is the way Landpride works. Their blade models start out "RB**xx", the "xx" is the width, and the "**" is the grade or HP rating. RB0548 would be a light duty 48"blade. A RB3796 would be a 96" blade rated for 80hp. https://www.landpride.com/products/dirtworking/rear-blades

So when you're shopping, you have to do a little research beyond just the width of the blade if you're comparing two models from different manufacturers. If they rate by HP, that's a good place to start. If they list weight of the blade, that can be an indication of strength, too. That depends on what they are listing (shipping weight with a pallet) and where that weight is in the blade.

While I have a Landpride blade and would recommend it on the quality, I think that the other manufacturers are right there for the most part. I got a good deal on a Landpride, but I wouldn't have turned my nose up at a comparable Frontier in the same grade. A rear bade is a pretty simple item.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Land Pride RB 1660

I have a Land Pride RB 1660 with Hydraulic angling on my 1025R and wouldn't give it up. I have caught corners of uneven cement drive ways and they stop me in my tracks ( note I'm not GOING fast at all cause I know the uneven concrete is there). I keep on still thinking I'm twisting the back blade but it is still as true as ever. This is now my second snow season and two summers of using the back blade. LOVE it. very well built I don't think I will ever twist it with my tractor.

Land Pride is now owned by Kubota. Less than two years ago they bought them.

They are the only ones i could find that built a good rear blade that has hydraulic angling and that was a MUST for me.

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
I have a Land Pride RB 1660 with Hydraulic angling on my 1025R and wouldn't give it up. I have caught corners of uneven cement drive ways and they stop me in my tracks ( note I'm not GOING fast at all cause I know the uneven concrete is there). I keep on still thinking I'm twisting the back blade but it is still as true as ever. This is now my second snow season and two summers of using the back blade. LOVE it. very well built I don't think I will ever twist it with my tractor.
I have the same blade and like it as well. My knees used to kill me from getting off and on the tractor changing the blade angle on my old RB1560. While you may have a hard time bending the blade on the RB1660 you still have to be very careful as you could still easily bend the ram on the hydraulic cylinder if you hit something just right.

Land Pride is now owned by Kubota. Less than two years ago they bought them.
Fortunately they've maintained Land Pride as a separate entity and you can still get implements in colors other than Kubota orange. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts