Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many here have the quick attach bucket mounts on their loaders and if there is any real interest in a affordable grapple that you could use with them with no extra brackets? By grapple I mean grapple alone not mounted on a pallet fork set up. They would not be made lite most where you slide under the brush or log but rather, tip the bucket mount and pick up from above

·
Registered
498 Posts
Am I missing something in what this grapple would be like?

"They would not be made lite most where you slide under the brush or log but rather, tip the bucket mount and pick up from above"

Isn't that just a function of how you use your tool? I open jaws come down from above (don't slide anything under the object) and clamp and curl up often with my grapple .

"a affordable grapple that you could use with them with no extra brackets? By grapple I mean grapple alone not mounted on a pallet fork set up."

Something similar to this (- Compact Tractor Grapple - Compact Tractor Attachments) or did you have some other kind of mount up involved?

Or this style?
http://www.everythingattachments.com/Tractor-Loader-Root-Rake-Grapple-p/eta-cmp-rrg.htm

How would it be different from the EA or CT Attachments style?

I'm curious:munch:

·
Banned
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Grapple

NOT anything used to push with totally a unit to come down from above. Much like a railroad tie crane or a log grapple on a truck loader. Something to pick up with not to push. Only a set of claws like that would open then push it down on to a pile of over a log.

·
Registered
498 Posts
NOT anything used to push with totally a unit to come down from above. Much like a railroad tie crane or a log grapple on a truck loader. Something to pick up with not to push. Only a set of claws like that would open then push it down on to a pile of over a log.
Oh I see what you mean...

No interest in that for my loader here.... But a lift grapple like that for the Backhoe??? Hmmm...that might be interesting:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
12,598 Posts
TONYBMI; I understand what ur trying to paint a picture of. my dad had what we called a cherry picker on his log truck back when he logged. at the end of the boom, it could swivel 360* and would open up like a claw, the claw they use in them thumping stuffed animal's. u put ur quarter in, slide the claw over, drop it on the animal, start to pick it up, and as ur sliding it over, ----it drops off.:banghead: I guess that would be ok-but I want to be able to use the bottom part of grappler like a root rake to gather small items to a pile and then pick the pile up, and dispose of that way, same scenario as what u want with out the root rake part attached to the claw.

ok-it would have to be a whole lot cheaper without the root rake part for me to bite, cause I would still need to plumb the front of my highlift and what ever else under the seat for the loader part, for now I would rather have a top tilt for my 3pt hook-ups, instead of having to crank the toplink by hand all the time, if u built one-I love a pic of it in action-10/4 thanks big jim p.s. u wwant to use the dump cylinders to open the claw, and close it, while the bottom or other side stays stationary, are we on the right track now!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts