·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Shane,
In one of the posts someone mentioned that his dealer says a new redesigned 2 series could be released as early s this fall. Can you confirm or dispel this rumor? This is the thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/42649-waiting-around-future-deere.html

Thanks in advance!
Randy
i asked about it last year, and shane said the following:

Thanks for the email. I haven't heard of any changes to the 2R series. My gut feeling is it's a rumor. Thanks

this was the thread in question;
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/off-topic/20848-big-news-not-going-orange-may-have-new-job.html

·
Super Moderator
7,885 Posts
#1 rule of any dealer is "Sell what you've got." What's on the lot. What's available to order-in and what's in the pipeline.

The last thing a dealer wants to do is discuss future models that may cause a prospective customer to postpone a purchase or be inclined to discount his current investment in inventory as distressed, unwanted or obsolete.

On the other hand future models in development might mean cost increases and new and in some cases less desirable technology like Tier 4 emissions and electronics controls. A good reason to buy what's now available and has been debugged and perfected in the field.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just my .02, I don't buy the next and greatest. Don't do it with Harley's and don't do it with tractors. Took Harley 2 years to get twin cam issue worked out, and they didn't work it out, a cam company did. Always chasing a dream. :gizmo:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just my .02, I don't buy the next and greatest. Don't do it with Harley's and don't do it with tractors. Took Harley 2 years to get twin cam issue worked out, and they didn't work it out, a cam company did. Always chasing a dream. :gizmo:
That's a fair and reasonable plan, however, sometimes the new model is what is fixing the "twin cam" issues of the past model but there were so many that marketing thought it a good idea to call it something new. My guess is that a "new" 2-series would be a cleanup and updating of the existing model to improve some thing. As the engine is already tier-4 I'm guessing that wouldn't change. Maybe autoconnect, tilt steering, revamped driver area including a little more leg room?

#1 rule of any dealer is "Sell what you've got." What's on the lot. What's available to order-in and what's in the pipeline.

The last thing a dealer wants to do is discuss future models that may cause a prospective customer to postpone a purchase or be inclined to discount his current investment in inventory as distressed, unwanted or obsolete.

On the other hand future models in development might mean cost increases and new and in some cases less desirable technology like Tier 4 emissions and electronics controls. A good reason to buy what's now available and has been debugged and perfected in the field.
You make an excellent point about selling what they've got.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would like to see the 2 series updated and a couple of things changed but I don't want the first one they need some time to work the bugs out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts