Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I’m wondering if any of you folks have run a PTO snowblower on a 3033R. I got my unit last summer and use it for my landscaping and snow clearing business and have been crazy busy with snow this year.

I’m wondering how the 3033 handles the blower for power. It would probably be the 67 inch blower so minimum HP of 20, which the 3033 just breaks so maybe too light of a unit. I talked to my dealership over the last few days and they don’t have any in stock and won’t be bringing any in so that I can test it.

My salesman actually recommended I go to one of the guys in town who bought one and see if he’ll let me hook his up to my unit and test it out. If it was me I wouldn’t really want random guys calling me up asking to test their equipment on my attachments, so I’m not going to do that to the guy.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
I assume you mean a rear PTO blower on the 3PH? The 3033R can also have a front-mounted blower using the Mid-PTO.

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
My salesman actually recommended I go to one of the guys in town who bought one and see if he’ll let me hook his up to my unit and test it out. If it was me I wouldn’t really want random guys calling me up asking to test their equipment on my attachments, so I’m not going to do that to the guy.
I must say that's the first time I've heard THAT one. Nice demo approach from the dealer's standpoint.

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Really? Never really looked at the front one. But yeah rear on the 3PH, id still use the loader for back blading to get in areas I wouldn’t want to put the blower

I must say that's the first time I've heard THAT one. Nice demo approach from the dealer's standpoint.

Hahaha! Yeah, definitely a bit disappointed in the salesman! I even offered to rent it instead of demo but they have zero interest in bringing one in. Thought it would be an easy $3500 for them.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

I have a 3320 and I would not hesitate to run a 65" blower on it. Keep in mind that with a hydrostat you can go as slow as needed to let the blower work. Most of the blower makers spec the HP requirements for gear tractors, you can go a little up if your running a hydrostat. The HP factor comes into play with the fan diameter and the drum depth. The larger the fan and the deeper the drum the more HP it will take to run the blower, the auger and width are secondary. Other factors that consume HP are the chute opening size and the length of the chute but these are less of a factor.

For what it's worth, I have found that the Meteor blowers seem to take less HP to run than some other makes, they are very popular in my area. I will say they are a no frills brand but they seem to hold up well. I had a 60" on the back of a 2520 when they first came out, that made 17 PTO HP and it ran that one great.

MK Martin | Meteor - Single Auger

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Tom! I’ve been digging through aftermarket brands and haven’t heard much about any of them, definitely be checking out that MK Martin!

·
Super Moderator
5,297 Posts
I run the SB1164 blower on the back of my 2032R with no problems. My machine has the same 24 HP at the rear PTO that your's has.

Some times I'm running faster that the blower can eat through the snow so I just have to stop for a sec of slow down but 24HP will run that thing all day long. If you went with a 65"-68" I doubt the few additional inches would make much difference.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Hahaha! Yeah, definitely a bit disappointed in the salesman! I even offered to rent it instead of demo but they have zero interest in bringing one in. Thought it would be an easy $3500 for them.
Right... it's Alberta afterall... what on earth would they want with a snow blower in stock. Doih.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know Jim! Thanks! Yeah I figured it would be ok, my biggest reason for getting a snow blower would be for the nasty drifts we get here.

I also figured it could give me a higher hourly return because of the substantial time savings. So I definitely will be pushing the unit to it’s full potential! Hahaha

·
Registered
448 Posts
I’ll second the recommendation for the front blower. Love that setup on my 3046r.

In the process of adding a hydraulic chute deflector to perfect the setup.

Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not a huge fan of my 59" blower - doesn't seem like anything I can do to stop it for digging the dirt I use float and skid shoes and this blower seems heavy enough to dig no matter what. Now my 54" I had on my 1025 I absolutely loved it. Never did the digging and I relate that to the weight at least in my feeble mind. I may flat have something not exactly right but for me I over spent on snow blower, as I find myself using the 7' back blade and cleaning up edges with blower.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of my 59" blower - doesn't seem like anything I can do to stop it for digging the dirt I use float and skid shoes and this blower seems heavy enough to dig no matter what. Now my 54" I had on my 1025 I absolutely loved it. Never did the digging and I relate that to the weight at least in my feeble mind. I may flat have something not exactly right but for me I over spent on snow blower, as I find myself using the 7' back blade and cleaning up edges with blower.
It could be that you need larger skid shoes. When I bought the new larger skid shoes for my 54" blower from Snowblower Skids For Sidewalks and Gravel Drives it was at the recommendation from someone who had just installed them on their 59" blower and was very happy with the way they improved the ride.

E26R3975.jpg

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Hiya,

I have a set of these on my 59, they're in their 4th season on my driveway and still going strong. I went through a set of the Deere iron shoes in 2 seasons and had nice rust lines in the driveway from them too, these are way better.

Robalon A151BS Snowblower Skid Shoes

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you looked at the angle at which it meets the ground?

When setting mine up, It took a few adjustments to ding the sweet spot. Too far back and the cutting edge would dig too aggressively. Too far forward and I wouldn’t get clean pavement.

Hopefully a simple adjustment will give you better results.

Toby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Hey Toby, do you have the front pto to run that or does the shaft run back to the MMM hookup?
The 59" blower is driven by the mid-PTO. There is no front PTO on a 3046R.

·
Registered
232 Posts
For the money, the frontier blowers (rebranded RAD/Blizzards) are tough to beat. Big impeller, and build relatively scookem'. As for the HP, I feel you could run a 64" blower pretty easily. I run the 1164 on my 3520 and it runs it fine, just have to use your head in heavy/wet snow. I actually added Rad/blizzard wings to mine- they are black and marketed for kubotas, but look fine on the green blower and adds another 4 inches to it. You look to be doing well with a bucket setup, but trust me, you are better off with a plow on the front of that little beast, then a blower.... then a cab! Or maybe a cab first! lol!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here is a pic of my setup... af11 hydraulic front blade, and sb1164 rear blower. Pics are old, and posted before, but deleted because of photobuckets greedy ways. Haven't even hooked anything up this year, but it's all shredded and can be snapped on in a jiffy. Since the pic, proper hard lines have been mounted on the loader for better hookup, and rear wings have been added to the blower. Perhaps part of my setup will work for you?

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For the money, the frontier blowers (rebranded RAD/Blizzards) are tough to beat. Big impeller, and build relatively scookem'. As for the HP, I feel you could run a 64" blower pretty easily. I run the 1164 on my 3520 and it runs it fine, just have to use your head in heavy/wet snow. I actually added Rad/blizzard wings to mine- they are black and marketed for kubotas, but look fine on the green blower and adds another 4 inches to it. You look to be doing well with a bucket setup, but trust me, you are better off with a plow on the front of that little beast, then a blower.... then a cab! Or maybe a cab first! lol!
Thanks, good to know! Right now its getting to be more principle that’s stopping me from the JD, but I’ll probably end up with one in the end, hahaha. I’ve got the factory cab on the unit, no better way man! After sitting on the 1025 trying to clear snow the last couple winters in the howling wind. I drive up to peoples houses in town that hire me and they ask why I’m just wearing a t-shirt when I come up to their door until they see the cab.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts