Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the MMM off for the first time this week and I have a question about the system used to lift the deck. When I took the deck off. The two arms that hook to the back are just hanging and move up and down when I lift the 3pt. Is there any way to lock them up so they don't hang down to the ground? I just took them off since I didn't see any other way. Didn't want them to get caught on something and bend since I was using the tiller. Thanks for any advice!!

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I use a tie and a hose clamp.That way I don't have to keep using new ties.The good ones are not cheap.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Anyone interested,I mader my own lock up kit.:thumbup1gif:

I used a piece of 1/2" thick x 1-1/4 wide with 1/2" holes spaced 8-5/16".

I angle cut the bottom to match the lower bracket position when raised.
I needed to remove the left and right hand bottom brackets,and drill them out to 1/2". The top frame holes are fine,but these were just slightly under for some reason.
I'll take some pics when I get them installed.

I checked them out and they're GTG.
I had to enlarge the holes in the bars from 1/2" to 9/16", and I didn't need that much of an angle either.
The 8-5/16" hole center dimension was just bit short of working out. Going up to 8-3/8" would have been too much the other way. Really hard to get an exact measurement.Probably a goofy 32nd number or even metric!
Anyway, they still fit nice and snug. When I lower the 3PT,the deck drops about 1/4", and the lower brackets don't move at all.:good2:

If anyone is thinking of going this route,don't use what I had for center to center. I'm guessing measurements are going to differ slightly from tractor to tractor.

Greg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very nicely done Greg. :good2: That should work well. Now, what are those bolts, or pull pins you are using? They look like something special.

·
Registered
43 Posts
glc,

I was looking at your second photo and I noticed there's no oil in your sight glass in the rear. Is it me or do you need to add some? :)

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
glc,

I was looking at your second photo and I noticed there's no oil in your sight glass in the rear. Is it me or do you need to add some? :)
His 3PH looks to be in the full up position, so I doubt it's low on oil.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Very nicely done Greg. :good2: That should work well. Now, what are those bolts, or pull pins you are using? They look like something special.
Randy,I just cut the threads off some grade 8 bolts,and drill them for a hairpin.

Greg

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Randy,I just cut the threads off some grade 8 bolts,and drill them for a hairpin.

Greg
Yup, a Greg special. Nicely done and grade 8, that will last. :good2:

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
glc,

RaisedonDeere,this is my sight glass with the 3PT down.
You know,I changed my fluid 30 hours ago,and put in the "regular" (no dye),Low Vis Hygard.Evidently,there was still enough that wouldn't drain out that colored the new stuff red.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
RaisedonDeere,this is my sight glass with the 3PT down.
You know,I changed my fluid 30 hours ago,and put in the "regular" (no dye),Low Vis Hygard.Evidently,there was still enough that wouldn't drain out that colored the new stuff red.

Greg

Wheeeew.... OK I feel better knowing your tractor is ok.. lol :thumbup1gif:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts