Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does the tank return line on a 1025r see any pressure? I'm referring to the one that needs to be connected to the existing line with a T connecter. If I understand how the open system works, that line just returns excess fluid to an unpressurised reservoir tank. IF that is the case, then I am wondering if a simple barbed hose connector (edit: with a clamp) could be used between the valve and the add-in T fitting.

·
Super Moderator
7,090 Posts
If I understand how the open system works, that line just returns excess fluid to an unpressurised reservoir tank.
That is correct.

IF that is the case, then I am wondering if a simple barbed hose connector could be used between the valve and the add-in T fitting.
In theory you can use a plastic straw for a return. In practice,, even though the tank has no pressure, the hydraulic line itself offers some resistance to fluid flow. So the possibility is that there will be some unspecified pressure along a return line when fluid is flowing. The question is "How much pressure?" and whether or not the barbed fitting will hold.

Reactions: KeyboardJungle

·
Administrator
23,190 Posts
Try it and let us know 😁

Some mobile equipment is plumbed that way, but it's not the norm on tractors for whatever reason.

Curious why you're asking?

Reactions: MattL

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try it and let us know 😁

Some mobile equipment is plumbed that way, but it's not the norm on tractors for whatever reason.

Curious why you're asking?
I'm thinking about a hydraulic top link and trying to figure it all out. The valve and the cylinders seem to be the easy part. How to connect everything together is more difficult. I want to make sure that I understand everything before I start, especially if I have to cut into anything.

Reactions: Kennyd and MattL

·
Administrator
23,190 Posts
Isn't there a spare port on the side of the case to use as a return? Or is that on the 2-series?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Isn't there a spare port on the side of the case to use as a return? Or is that on the 2-series?
I don't think that there is one on the 1025r. I've read and reread all of the posts, and it looks like everybody uses a tee connector with compression fittings to tap into a line that's under the right rear fender, and then feed the excess oil from the valve into it.

Hopefully I'm looking at the right thing - is what you refer to as a case a sheet metal reservoir?

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
23,190 Posts
This is probably what I'm remembering:

Reactions: KeyboardJungle

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I think that you are referring to the post by @Ray_PA .

you would have two lines from the valve to the tractor: one line from the valve to the P port and a second line from the valve to the R port. Excluding the work lines, do you have a third line to the tractor?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Norton274 - Thank you, thank you, thank you. I think that I finally understand what Ray was doing. I initially understood why, but thanks to your pics, I now understand how.

And @Ray_PA - thanks for your initial post with the PDF. I'm sure that it has helped many others besides Norton and me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.