Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and really appreciate all the information here. I'm about to purchase a 1025R TLB but had a quick question first.

I've got two quotes from my local JD dealers. One dealer is $500 lower then the other but their 1025r has the loader and backhoe dealer installed rather then the factory filb. The dealer claims there's no difference between the factory installed vs. the dealer installed but I'm a bit skeptical. I've looked at but units and they look identical.

Is there are reason I should be concerned with a dealer installed loader and backhoe? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jonathan

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
My preference would be for factory installed. That's mostly because I never know the level of experience or attention to detail that the service guy will put into the operation. At least at the factory there will be the experience.

If it were me, and I know it isn't, I would ask them for a quote for all the parts and if it's a good deal, I would install it myself - otherwise I would go with factory.

·
Registered
498 Posts
If the dealers tech's did it properly there is no difference between the units....

If....

Most likely differences are something simple like front sub-frame clamp location, hose routing, stuff like that. The parts are identical

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thanks for your replies.

I assume the warranty is the same either way. Any thoughts?
Should be. Two year tractor, one year for FEL and Backhoe.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
... and make sure you are getting the quick attach bucket, not the pin on.

And also make sure to test for DBS. (Droopy Bucket Syndrome) DTAC 92992.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looked like the dealer made this a regular thing. They had 10-15 1025Rs and I noticed a few loader/backhoe kits on their back lot. I'm guessing they just make up the combo when someone is looking for it. It would give them the most flexibility in their stock. Is this all bolt on stuff?

Thanks.
Jonathan

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
They do look nice when new don't they?

Remember to have the dealer give you the 3pt hardware.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
This is just my thoughts on dealer install things. If the dealer installs it they can't say they don't know about warranty items that they installed because they did install it. They can't push it down the line to the factory to make themselves look better even though they still have to fix it. You can point the finger right at them. Either way it gets fixed but it puts you on solid ground on who to blame. And either way you still want to check everything out after you get it. Check it against the manual after you read it. And if they are doing this on more of their tractors then they should know what they are doing and even make improvements as they install it to fix the things that has come to them for warranty work on other tractors. Good luck...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I agree, if this is a frequent thing the dealer does then it wouldn't concern me so much.

Reactions: etcallhome and Levi

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Dealer techs can make mistakes, and factory techs can make mistakes too, but as mentioned, if your dealer has experience with installation, I wouldn't have any concerns. BTW, there was a time when the 1025R/1026R FILB did not exist, all the backhoe's were dealer installed and were priced as separate items with a separate installation charge. I should know, I bought mine at that early time. No problems with the installation on my machine.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Dealer techs can make mistakes, and factory techs can make mistakes too, but as mentioned, if your dealer has experience with installation, I wouldn't have any concerns. BTW, there was a time when the 1025R/1026R FILB did not exist, all the backhoe's were dealer installed and were priced as separate items with a separate installation charge. I should know, I bought mine at that early time. No problems with the installation on my machine.

Just my 2 cents.
Now that you mention it Tom, I don't know if mine was FI or DI. I do know it was the last 1026r TLB from that dealer. Either way it sure acts like it's on there right, tire clearance and all.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
As a sidenote, i would suggest having the JDQA quick attach front loader bucket. It makes it nice for possible future loader attachment such as a set of forks.
Couldn't see the bucket in your pics.
Other than rear tire clearance on installed BH frame, i can't imagine you having an issue with a dealer installed BH. Like the others have said, especially if they do a lot of them.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
As a sidenote, i would suggest having the JDQA quick attach front loader bucket. It makes it nice for possible future loader attachment such as a set of forks.
Is there such a thing as a Non JDQA bucket for a H120 loader?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yep, I got one, thanks to my dealer.

As far as the question of dealer installed or factory, if it was my dealer there would be no question about it: DON'T LET THEM TOUCH IT!

They would probably install the hoe in front and the loader in the rear. :lol:

·
Administrator
18,327 Posts
Yep, I got one, thanks to my dealer.

As far as the question of dealer installed or factory, if it was my dealer there would be no question about it: DON'T LET THEM TOUCH IT!

They would probably install the hoe in front and the loader in the rear. :lol:
Yup, its rare but they are indeed out there. When you see a dealer selling for less than everyone else-you have to look closely at the details.

(Not suggesting that was the case with you SP, but I've seen some online deals for unit's like that.)

Reactions: blue87fj60

·
Premium Member
14,912 Posts
I've had 3 different tractors with bh and fel over the past 6 or 7 yrs. None were factory installed all dealer installed and by two different dealers.

I've had 1 problem a hose wasn't in its correct location, dealer sent there tech to the house rerouted the hose. NO other problems.

I wouldn't give this a second thought. If you like the dealer , talked with others maybe that have bought from this dealer , your happy . Buy the tractor, both under warranty for same amount of time.

Enjoy

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Yup, its rare but they are indeed out there. When you see a dealer selling for less than everyone else-you have to look closely at the details.

(Not suggesting that was the case with you SP, but I've seen some online deals for unit's like that.)
This really was not the case here of the dealer selling for less, I think they were either crooks, or at best, totally incompetent. As someone on this forum pointed out to me, the QA bucket is standard with the H120 loader, and if you change to the other bucket it's only a $45 credit.

And the dealer I bought from was a few hundred dollars higher than a quote I got from another dealer but they were 40 miles further away. I knew nothing about either dealer and would rather buy locally when possible, so I paid the higher price ...

I am 95% sure that the tractor I selected at the dealer, and drove at the dealer's lot, and made the deal for, had the QA bucket on the loader. But I wanted one change to the tractor in the deal, it had bar tires and I wanted turfs. No problem said the dealer, there is no difference in price of the tires, and when the tractor is delivered to you it will have turf tires.

They called the next day, instead of switching the tires they had found they had another tractor at another location that had turf tires on it so they would just go get it. I thought this kind of dumb but I wanted the tractor asap so ...

They called the next day, they had the other tractor in house but it was a bare tractor, no MMM or loader on it, they would have to get those from another location and install them. Hmmm...

Over 2 weeks later they finally delivered the tractor to me. A 2+ week delay just because of changing tires! It was mowing season and I wanted to mow with it, soon discovered they had screwed up the install and setup of the MMM. Spent the rest of the season dealing with that. Finally after so many problems with the mechanical lift I had them install the independent lift and they screwed that up royally.

I had taken the loader off as soon as they delivered it and didn't really pay any attention to it while trying to get the MMM problems solved. When I finally did notice that it had the wrong bucket and asked them to change it, they said I'd had it too long so they couldn't exchange it. :nunu:

As my daddy used to say, "these guys couldn't pour p*ss out of a boot if the directions were written on the heel."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts