Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to the forums. I have a Model A deere with the cast rear wheels
And need to adjust them in... they haven't been moved in more then 40 years.
What's the trick to the locks.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I just wanted to offer a "Welcolme"........

........I'm a vintage owner also, of an "M"....Seems like you've got a challenge there! Let's hope the DT 'Brain Trust' can move in! I'm thinkin' PB Blaster. Are they on a 'Keywayed' axel shaft? ~Scotty

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I'd soak it in Penetrating oil for a day or two then try this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....I appreciate the help. I did try to do what the instructions you posted said...but to no avail. She's just been sitting too long. I will keep hitting it with the pb blaster and hope it works it's way in there.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Thanks guys....I appreciate the help. I did try to do what the instructions you posted said...but to no avail. She's just been sitting too long. I will keep hitting it with the pb blaster and hope it works it's way in there.
You will win this battle, but it is going to take a while. You are correct, lots and lots of penatrating oil and time. I have found that 3-4 weeks of good soaking on something like this will yield results. Don't hammer too much, this can do more harm than good most of the time. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts