Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a set of AP10F forks for my 1025R. Those of y'all who have had forks for awhile, have you added hooks to the frame and if so where. I have a set of KBOH yet to be used and thought the forks would be a good place to use them. Appreciate your replies.

·
Premium Member
15,961 Posts
I will say no as I have the Artillian fork frame and it already has chain grab slots in the corners of the frame.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
42,360 Posts
I will say no as I have the Artillian fork frame and it already has chain grab slots in the corners of the frame.
Same here.

·
Premium Member
12,771 Posts
Hooks and clevises would be handy, limited places to mount them due to material thickness, etc.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,978 Posts
After installing the KBOH hooks on the bucket - another set will be ordered soon for exactly this. Super handy and since there's no grapple in my near future, the extra "strap" and ease of rigging with the hooks and chain, its almost a no brainer for me. (And I could use another KBOH tee shirt! )

·
Registered
2025r (Gen 2), Deere Ballast box, Frontier AP10F, 260b Backhoe
18 Posts
Ihave a set on my bucket. now you have me wanting to add them to my AP10F. Take pics for sure.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I bought a set of clevis's just for that purpose to mount on my fork frame. Just havn't gotten around to installing them yet.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
239 Posts
So I recently purchased a set of AP10F forks for my 1025R. Those of y'all who have had forks for awhile, have you added hooks to the frame and if so where. I have a set of KBOH yet to be used and thought the forks would be a good place to use them. Appreciate your replies.
I've got the same forks and I have a set on each side of the frame for the forks. (y) I'm thinking about adding another set on the top bar

·
Premium Member
12,680 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Same here with Artillian forks.

rob

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have AP10F x 42 forks and have put a couple small shackles on where there are holes not used at the moment.. These have been handy..
No hooks...
Also plan to install a homemade bolt on receiver tube to the frame..

·
Registered
26,411 Posts
Same here with Artillian forks.

rob
And here also.

I also use them when I have a bulky load on the forks that could slip forward. A chain around the load held into the chain slots works great.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I torched a 1in hole in the end of the fork on our skid steer, handy for a lot of things.
I'm thinking about doing this too, it also works for putting a hitch ball in for moving trailers around.

Reactions: pede

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Keep in mind torching you’re fork times will soften them. I thought about mounting some hooks but that frame just doesn’t look that strong. I would probably taco it if I hooked a chain to it. For that reason I use my tried and true bucket hooks. As for wrapping a chain around the frame...I’ve done that for light pulling or lifting

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Keep in mind torching you’re fork times will soften them. I thought about mounting some hooks but that frame just doesn’t look that strong. I would probably taco it if I hooked a chain to it. For that reason I use my tried and true bucket hooks. As for wrapping a chain around the frame...I’ve done that for light pulling or lifting
I've thought about that but have worked for places where I drove fork trucks with that same mod and saw that after many years the tips hadn't broke even with young men abusing them like rentals so I'm thinking my 120r loader probably doesn't have what it takes to snap one. I'll just do it to just one fork just in case lol!

I'll use a plasma cutter if that makes any difference.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts