Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase either a land plane or a box blade. Pulling it with a 3039r. Looking to level fields utilize and for trail making. Thanks for your help.
Bernie

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
In my opinion, those two tools are for different purposes,,

It is kinda like asking if you need a tack hammer,, or a pry bar,,

You can drive a tack with a pry bar,, but, the tack hammer is better for that job,,,

Reactions: PJR832 and Yank

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
You’ll want the box blade for sure....

Sincerely

Reactions: Bcarey

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It depends on how much dirt you have to move.

I have a land plane and it works great to level the ground but it only moves about the top 2 inches of dirt so if you have large and deep low spots on your lot then I suggest a box blade. You can get fill dirt and then use the land plane to level that out. To me its hard to get a box blade to really smooth out the ground but it's great for filling in low spots.

As for trail making the land plane will stick a longs ways behind your tractor so it makes it difficult to maneuver in the woods. I just knocked out a trail on my property. It is all in my woods. I used my grapple and artillian hoe bucket for this task. I do need to smooth out the trail and fill in holes where some trees used to be. I would love to use my land plane but I do not think I can maneuver it in there. I don't own a cat 1 box blade so I can't try that either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts