Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
LV2210
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2210 with the 47" quickhitch snowblower with quickdetach kit but the seller couldn't find the driveshaft that goes from the PTO to the quickdetach kit. I've been trying to find out the length of the driveshaft but John Deere has nothing that can be found. I found a 51" used shaft for a 2305 and I'm wondering if that will work. Does anybody have the same setup so you can tell me the length of the driveshaft?

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
That is one very pricey shaft and you should insist the seller look again for it. It's nearly $825 to replace new. It does appear the 2305 and the 2210 are using the same shaft. It appears as though it was serial number specific at one point but now the numbers aren't listed. I would think this means the kits have been combined into the new part offering shown in the parts book

Make sure you have the right front Implement PTO shaft as well as the Up stop, etc. Unfortunately, many of the used snow blower kits sold seem to be a hodge podge of mismatched parts which its unclear what they are supposed to fit, so proceed carefully.

With the shaft missing, I would definately want the price paid for the blower adjusted down accordingly. If you have to buy this shaft new, its going to sting for sure...............

Screenshot_2021-02-23 John Deere Parts Catalog(3).png

Screenshot_2021-02-23 John Deere Parts Catalog(4).png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts