Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Minnesota they put ethanol in all our gas except for the non-oxygenated 91%. If you leave the fuel with ethanol sit too long it will gum up your engine and it goes bad quicker. I have been using the non-oxygenated 91 octane which has no ethanol in it for a couple of fill up’s now and wondered what some of you thought about using a higher octane like this in my newer Gator?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had the gas engine, I would use the non ethanol gas...no question. I use it in all my small engines and generator.
I also use Stabil Marine in it, except for my Stihl mixed gas.
Sounds good Arlen... Thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Non ethanol 91 octane, your Gator will love you for it!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I wish we had non ethanol super here in jersey.
I would use it in everything other than a vehicle. Instead i dump Startron and Stabil in every five gallon can i fill for gator, mower, boat, quad, etc...:banghead:

·
Premium Member
9,280 Posts
We only have one station in the area that has non-ethanol gas and I question the quality of their fuel.

Everything else is corn subsidy.

I use Stabil Marine 360 in all of the fuel for my small engines except the saws. I buy the canned stuff for them.

I've heard rumor that they are going to increase the blend to 15%. Most of the owners manuals for the stuff I have says not to use more than 10%.

I sure wish we as consumers had a choice at the pump.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
If I had the gas engine, I would use the non ethanol gas...no question. I use it in all my small engines and generator.
I also use Stabil Marine in it, except for my Stihl mixed gas.
X2. Everything here gets Stabil except the Stihl equipment but the Stihl oil has stabilizer already in it. Never an issue.

Is Stabil Marine better than the original?

·
Premium Member
9,280 Posts
X2. Everything here gets Stabil except the Stihl equipment but the Stihl oil has stabilizer already in it. Never an issue.

Is Stabil Marine better than the original?
I use the Stabil Marine because it has the ethanol treatment in it in addition to the fuel stabilizer.

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
I wish we had non ethanol super here in jersey.
I would use it in everything other than a vehicle. Instead i dump Startron and Stabil in every five gallon can i fill for gator, mower, boat, quad, etc...:banghead:
Check at a Marina. They may have non ethanol gas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts