Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's the deal: I've got the 10th "M" ever built. It's a 1947 "Popper"! 2- Cylinders, Putt, Putt, Putt............ It ran, but sat out a winter. OK, now New Battery, New Points, Condenser, Plugs, Cap, Rotor, etc. 6V system all original. New coil and wires. The Harness I know is "shot", put want to here at least a "Pop"! Well, Charged Battery, and all the other stuff, I can't even read 6v at the coil, with a meter! The Positive Ground really messes with my head! The Positive lead goes from the Plus terminal of the Coil, to the side of the Distributor! The other (-) to the old harness that I know needs help! ( I got the new harness, just haven't had the time to rewire) If I wanted to Hot wire the coil to get a (Much Needed Emotional, boosting PoP! ) How do I do that? The Starter rolles the Engine over fine....Everything I did, I mimicked what I removed! Any help out there? TIA ~Scotty~

·
Administrator
20,466 Posts
Easy money Scotty. Since everything is backwards with a positive ground, simply attach a jumper from the negative side of the coil to a good negative source, the battery being best. While that jumper is on, the coil is "hot" and will run the battery down if left on.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Easy money Scotty. Since everything is backwards with a positive ground, simply attach a jumper from the negative side of the coil to a good negative source, the battery being best. While that jumper is on, the coil is "hot" and will run the battery down if left on.
I'll give it a shot this weekend! Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts