Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 7.5’ Curtis Plow Blade (with JD Quick Attach Moldboard) and have some questions relating to the hydraulic lines hooked up to the bypass relief valve. I purchased this plow used, and one of the hydraulic fittings hooked up to the pressure relief valve is broken and needs replacement.

When looking online for what replacement parts I need, I noticed that the installation manual shows a different configuration hooked up to the pressure relief valve. Does anyone know why this would be hooked up this way and whether I should continue to use this configuration or go back to the manufacturer’s recommendations? Also, does anyone have the specs for the fittings and thread patterns? I can’t find that info anywhere.

See the two tee fittings above hooked into “C” and “D”. The diagram below shows regular 90° fittings and “A” and “B” should be hooked to the control valves.

Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
That valve is called a "cushion" or "crossover relief" valve. and will NOT function properly plumbed in that way. Why someone would have done that is anyone's guess, but if the other ports are/have been left open then the valve is probably wrecked.

Here is the drawing for the one we sell, just to help confirm the info you posted already:

CRV-3 (Medium).JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That valve is called a "cushion" or "crossover relief" valve. and will NOT function properly plumbed in that way. Why someone would have done that is anyone's guess, but if the other ports are/have been left open then the valve is probably wrecked.
Thanks, Kenny. I’m guessing it would be best to just toss the CRV, fittings and hoses altogether and just rebuild it from scratch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Maybe...Probably...Especially if the other two ports were left open to the weather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts