Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used 1026R at a dealer for 13,900 asking price.

Includes tractor, 60" auto connect mower, h120 loader, bagger and slightly over 100 hours

Is that a decent price? Any room to beat them up?

Also comparing to new, what would be a fair price for same setup new 1025R?

My calculations show 17-18k. I have a request in for quote now from a different dealer closer to me.

Any reason to not go used over new? Or new vs used?

Love to hear some feedback

Thanks in advance green owners!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Used 1026R

I bought my 1026R used, was a trade in with 25 hrs. Had H120 FEL & a 60" back blade for $13,200.oo delivered. I felt it was a good deal as I have no intentions to mow with it.
The new will have a warranty, but for that kind of extra $$$ I sure you could make a few repairs on the 1026R if needed? I asked about the extended warranty as mine still had factory warranty time left, they advise against it for the cost. If it runs ok & right the first year, it will probably not have any big issues. Photo0270.jpg

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
:wgtt:

Welcome to another NY'er!!

I'm just coming up on 95 hrs. on my 1026rTLB. To me it's still brand new and still breaking in. Unless you have feelings against "used" I'd say the 1026 is fine to save some $'s. If you feel you need the protection of the full 2 year warranty (tractor 2 years, implements 1 year) the 1025 will give you that protection.

As far as price, I'm no judge... I paid top dollar and I'm not looking back now. Your negotiations may differ. Good luck either way and I'm sure you'll get way more logical and credible advice in this thread as it goes on.

You will love either machine in any case!

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
Cash or Credit?

New is 0% for 60 months..

Used is ?%

If your paying cash, used will be less dollars. If your financing, you can't beat 0%.

If you buy used, check out the issues like the floppy/droopy bucket, recalls on the hydro cap, etc and make sure they are fixed as part of the deal.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
My dealer took in my 1995 NH TZ25 at a trade in price of $7500 and put a sticker price of $9500 on it. I thought he was absolutely crazy. It hasn't sold in 8 months but has been demoed about a dozen times. Several people have wanted it but when numbers are ran, the monthly payment on 0% financing is so close to the payment of used, the buyer buys new.

He says he dreads the day someone comes in with cash and buys the NH.

Anyway, definitely run the numbers but if the used works it will be a great tractor.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
My dealer took in my 1995 NH TZ25 at a trade in price of $7500 and put a sticker price of $9500 on it. I thought he was absolutely crazy. It hasn't sold in 8 months but has been demoed about a dozen times. Several people have wanted it but when numbers are ran, the monthly payment on 0% financing is so close to the payment of used, the buyer buys new.

He says he dreads the day someone comes in with cash and buys the NH.

Anyway, definitely run the numbers but if the used works it will be a great tractor.
Sneaky!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll say!
Moving forward with the used unit.

Its almost 6k cheaper than new so even with differences in interest rate I'm ahead.

Dealer best they would do on new with same attachments was 19,800 and that was with 1750 off for current incentives.

It's got 100 hours on it, looks like new and has warranty until November.

Will come with all current service complete.

Seems like a pretty good deal

·
Registered
4,110 Posts

Its almost 6k cheaper than new so even with differences in interest rate I'm ahead.

Dealer best they would do on new with same attachments was 19,800 and that was with 1750 off for current incentives.

You might want to enquire about an extended warranty.

Dave

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts

:thumbup1gif:Sounds ok to me and if you're happy that's all that matters. Let's see it when ya get it and good luck with it.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

Before I bought mine there was a 1026r listed for just $400 less than a new one by a private party. He tried to convince me that his out-of warranty tractor was better than a new 1025r and would't budge on price. :crazy: I wonder if he ever sold it?

Make very sure that you don't have DBS, chances are that you will, you'll have until your warranty runs out to get it fixed. Mention DTAC 92992 and check out this thread: ...fix for the 1026R FEL curl back issue(SCUT)

Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll have to insist this item is updated before I take delivery then.

Seeming how 1025s gad problem too it doesn't seem like a model issue.

Any other things to look for?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll have to insist this item is updated before I take delivery then.

Seeming how 1025s gad problem too it doesn't seem like a model issue.

Any other things to look for?
I had to change directions because my friend sold his trailer and this unit is too far away for them to deliver.

I went back to local dealer on new 1025 with h120, 54" auto connect mmm, bagger, 5ft rear blade and I got a price of 19,400 with 0% for 72mo.

Retail was 24,141 so that's about 20% off plus the extra 1k in savings in interest.

It's about 2200 more than the used given interest rates but by the time i rent a trailer and gas and dick around for a day driving to get it... it's even less

Thoughts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts