Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2038R coming in a few weeks and I went with the Frontier 60 inch box blade with scarifiers. Seems like many of you with similar tractors use the 72 inch. Did I go too small? I am using it to grade my steep gravel driveway and to make a new road thru the woods to my new garden. I assumed with the steep slope a loaded box would get heavy. Same with the new road, with roots, rocks, and all. Did I mess up?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have the 2038R coming in a few weeks and I went with the Frontier 60 inch box blade with scarifiers. Seems like many of you with similar tractors use the 72 inch. Did I go too small? I am using it to grade my steep gravel driveway and to make a new road thru the woods to my new garden. I assumed with the steep slope a loaded box would get heavy. Same with the new road, with roots, rocks, and all. Did I mess up?
I think the 60" was a good choice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I went with 72". My dealer had one in stock and it was cheaper than a 60". I have a 84" I have used Behind my 67 1020 but I wanted a Imatch compatible one. When my new tractor comes in ill have a fire sale on older stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
I think the 60" was a good choice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I agree with buckteeth445, 60" will be just the right size and you'll have power to spare going up your steep gravel driveway. Too large and you'll end up continually raising the box to reduce the load so you can get up the hill. Just my 2¢ . . .

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
As long as the 60" BB covers the tire tracks (and it sounds like it does) you should be fine.

If it doesn't work out the 60" is a very popular size and you shouldn't have any problems selling it.

When do you expect to take delivery?

We'll be waiting for pictures.....:munch:

Congrats on the new tractor.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should have it in two or three weeks. Already on the lot, just have to fill the tires and add the rear remotes. I'm excited!
I need to find out who makes a good top and tilt for these new 2 series.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I run a 60" on my 4510 (39 HP) and it can have trouble with it in heavy soil with the sacrificers down. I think 60 was a great choice. You can get a lot done very quickly with a blade of that size.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Should have it in two or three weeks. Already on the lot, just have to fill the tires and add the rear remotes. I'm excited!
I need to find out who makes a good top and tilt for these new 2 series.
Did you look at fitRite hydraulics? They are a supporting vendor here on GTT.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just seen them. Been checking them out. I have a lot to learn about hydraulics. Are top an tilts hard to install?

·
Administrator
20,915 Posts
Are top an tilts hard to install?
Can you remove a quick pin? Can you plug in a hydraulic quick disconnect? Can you operate a lever on a valve? Because that's it. Super super simple. :thumbup1gif:

Once you have it, you'll wonder why this isn't standard equipment on any tractor. :good2:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, diesel. That sounds awesome. I'm pumped up now. First tractor, but you guys have been teaching me a ton this last couple of weeks. I really appreciate it. Great bunch of guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts