Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,

I have not looked at the JD Parts catalog on the web for quite some time. It is different then what it use to be. It has the same basic info with drawings etc but I cannot figure out now how to print out a page with the diagram and the parts so that you see the full diagram etc. I am using Chrome and using Ctrl + P The page is all messed up. With the old diagram and parts you could set it up to print it out which was helpful. I looked in the Technical library to see if there was something on the new parts catalog but only found things going back to 2016 and the pics showed the old parts catalog that I used in the past. I would not doubt that I may be missing something or not doing something right.

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
It depends which parts web site you are using. JD seems to currently have about three different versions on-line.

The link below will take you to the original "legacy" version that I think you are looking for.

John Deere - Parts Catalog

[NOTE] Be sure to set the "Print selector" choice prior to printing. Once the second page comes up you can use CTL-P.

·
Administrator
17,290 Posts
Your probably seeing the new "Parts Adviser" system, and in my opinion it is terrible. :banghead:

Here is direct link to the original JDParts, but we have noticed some things are not there like they used to be, :banghead::banghead:

Enjoy it while it lasts:

John Deere - Parts Catalog

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like the old parts catalog is gone for good.I was still able to access it a few weeks ago, but can't today. I wonder if JD intentionally made the new one two steps above useless so you'd have to go to your local dealer for parts. This will make it much more difficult to figure out which parts you actually need. I also found the diagrams very helpful when rebuilding components. The expanded parts diagrams showed exactly which parts went where. Sometimes the tech manuals are a bit sketchy or omit certain steps that were made clear by looking at the parts breakdown. The new ones are horrible.

I guess all good things eventually come to an end.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,967 Posts
Looks like the old parts catalog is gone for good.I was still able to access it a few weeks ago, but can't today. I wonder if JD intentionally made the new one two steps above useless so you'd have to go to our local dealer for parts. This will make it much more difficult to figure out which parts you actually need. I also found the diagrams very helpful when rebuilding components. The expanded parts diagrams showed exactly which parts went where. Sometimes the tech manuals are a bit sketchy or omit certain steps that were made clear by looking at the parts breakdown.

I guess all good things eventually come to an end.:banghead:
That's surprising as the old site disappeared for most of us several months ago.

What site are you currently using? While not as easy to cut 'n paste as the old site, the new site seems to have most of the same exploded diagrams as did the old site.

In most cases, once you get used to the difference it is quite easy to locate any part you need much the same as the old site.

Is there something specific you were looking for or at that you found the exploded diagram lacking?

·
Registered
311 Posts
There has been a choice between the old catalog and the new one for I guess a few years now, maybe a bit less. After trying the new one when it first appeared I always chose the old one. I recently ordered the new hydraulic fittings for the new steering cylinder on my 4100. When I ordered the parts the diagram had the fittings that screw into the cylinder, plus the next fitting and the hydraulic hoses that go to the hard lines. I believe they even showed the o rings. The new diagram shows the exploded cylinder, for which you can't actually order most of the parts because it's not repairable according to JD. (Pretty annoying since the old cylinder works fine but the tie rod end is worn out since a previous owner saved money by not greasing it.) I can't find the second fitting or hoses or even the hard lines which I guess should be listed under hydraulics. Guess you have to go to the dealer parts counter to see useful diagrams now. That will make life much less convenient as my dealer is an hour each way on a good day, plus GFP is generally a bit less $. I just wish I had printed out the diagram and parts list when I ordered.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts