Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your thoughts on driving over your deck while the front loader is installed? Does anyone think it's​ too much weight? I haven't seen anything in the manual that address this.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Haven't tried it but I see your point. I do know that is how mine was delivered with both the endloader and mower on it. While the delivery person was tere he demonstrated the removal and hookup of the mower twice with the FEL installed. :dunno::dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,763 Posts
What's your thoughts on driving over your deck while the front loader is installed? Does anyone think it's​ too much weight? I haven't seen anything in the manual that address this.
It's probably no big deal but you could always drop the bucket prior to driving over the deck. It only takes a minute and will result in a lot less weight on the front tires. It is also one less this to worry about catching on the deck. I know someone who caught the deck and bent a bracket because they didn't have the loader high enough.

·
Registered
502 Posts
It's probably no big deal but you could always drop the bucket prior to driving over the deck. It only takes a minute and will result in a lot less weight on the front tires. It is also one less this to worry about catching on the deck. I know someone who caught the deck and bent a bracket because they didn't have the loader high enough.
I drive over my 54" MMM with the FEL on. No problems to date. Yes mine was delivered with the FEL attached. Let me know if I am not supposed to do that.:greentractorride:

·
Registered
375 Posts

Here's a video from John Deere that specifically shows the deck being driven over and installed with the loader attached (shown at the 38 second mark):

I have no reservations with installing or removing the deck with the loader attached.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I have done it in the past and haven't had any problems but was wondering if I should. Dropping just the bucket is a good idea.

·
Registered
913 Posts
This is a post by JoelFriday1979 on September 1, 2016. I couldn't figure out how to just direct you to his post, so I copied and pasted the contents.

"Straight from a call to John Deere Customer Service
Didn't see that poster's question was accurately answered.... I came across this post as I was googling to find the weight of the bucket myself. I ended up calling John Deere and here are the true weight facts:

John Deere H120 Loader = 512 lbs
John Deere H120 Bucket = 112 lbs

Combined weight, using old school math haha..... H120 loader/bucket Combined Weight = 624 lbs.

Hope that helps."

I thought the bucket alone felt pretty lightweight. This explains how I am able to move it around by myself at almost 70 yrs old. BTW, according to muttonpower.com, the 60D mower deck weighs in at 258 pounds.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for all the help. I will continue to leave the loader on while installing the deck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It's not "ideal" but if it's a problem than I'm a leader of that problem lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Be VERY careful...I think some guy on here tore up his mower deck by having his bucket too low...

Reactions: Robnik and keane

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
the jd dealer showed me how to remove and install it when I bought the tractor and had the fel :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: OldmanX

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I don't have the MMM deck on when I operate and I don't mow with the FEL on, so it's not an issue

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I don't have the MMM deck on when I operate and I don't mow with the FEL so it's not an issue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts