Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 855 and a couple of the QD's under the left floorpan are leaking. Do the couplers need to be replaced, or, will replacing the O-ring (M122638) and/or back-up ring (M122639), perhaps solve the problem. And if replacing the o-ring and back-up ring, any instructions would be appreciated. There's a huge price difference obviously, as male and female couplers cost roughly $20 and $25 for male and female sides respectively. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Do they leak when connected or when disconnected?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
The O-rings are fairly easy to replace.

If you don't already have some, pick up a set of O-ring tools at the hardware, or auto parts store. I think Harbor Freight may has have them.
rBVaI1mC2g-AeuxzAAR66R_ScJk249.jpg

Remove the bad O-ring and Back-up rings. Clean the inside of the QD's(I use brake-part cleaner).

Dry the O-ring/Back-up ring groove(it needs to be dry for the O-ring to stay in place while installing the back-up ring).

Install the O-ring and push it to the back of the groove using the 90% O-ring tool.

Install the back-up ring in front of the O-ring, being careful not to damage it.

Apply a light coat of grease, or Hyd oil before using QD's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Q D rehab

Do they leak when connected or when disconnected?
That's something I'll have to check. I rarely disconnect them, so at this point I only notice the leak while connected. I am in the process of installing a DV from KennyD to operate a grapple attachment that I've added. I figured as long as I'm working on all of this, I might as well fix these leaks. If it's just when connnected, does that mean the o-ring and back-up ring is the more likely culprit?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
That's something I'll have to check. I rarely disconnect them, so at this point I only notice the leak while connected. I am in the process of installing a DV from KennyD to operate a grapple attachment that I've added. I figured as long as I'm working on all of this, I might as well fix these leaks. If it's just when connected, does that mean the o-ring and back-up ring is the more likely culprit?
I'll have to agree.

If no leak(on tractor side, with engine running) it may not be the QDs themselves. The O-rings and back-up rings should be replaced. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
That's something I'll have to check. I rarely disconnect them, so at this point I only notice the leak while connected. I am in the process of installing a DV from KennyD to operate a grapple attachment that I've added. I figured as long as I'm working on all of this, I might as well fix these leaks. If it's just when connnected, does that mean the o-ring and back-up ring is the more likely culprit?
A wise man (KennyD) once told me that if they leak while connected it is likely the O-ring and if they leak while disconnected you probably need a new coupler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Q D rehab

Well, it seems that it is a male connector poppet that is leaking. Both when connected and disconnected. Should just this part be replaced, or should the female side be replaced or the o-ring be replaced as well.

·
Premium Member
10,684 Posts
Well, it seems that it is a male connector poppet that is leaking. Both when connected and disconnected. Should just this part be replaced, or should the female side be replaced or the o-ring be replaced as well.
If it is just the male side that is leaking there is no need to replace the female side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts